Talk

Advanced search

Im just SOOOO confused! please help.

(11 Posts)
nelly1994 Sat 22-Mar-14 02:35:32

I've been using opks since Saturday and it's now Friday and I keep getting positives (3/15/14-3/21/14). The lines don't seem to be fading or anything of that sort. I was supposed to start my period around Wednesday(3/19) but I didn't. Since I've gotten positive opks for a week I don't know where To start counting as 1dpo. I think I've ovulated late and my period won't come till next week?...I've experienced some cramping mainly on my left side bellow my ovary, also some stomach cramping...I've taken a few pregnancy tests from the dollar store and have all been negative. Maybe it's too soon? Or maybe I'm not pregnant at all? sad the picture I uploaded is from today 3/21 just to show how dark it's been, hasn't changed since Saturday.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 22-Mar-14 07:00:06

What are your periods like generally speaking?. If they are irregular in nature a person can get multiple "positive" results on these kits.

If periods are irregular these should not be used at all. If periods keep being missed or if the cycle remains irregular then blood tests should be done to see what hormone levels are like; the test that should be done first is a day 2 to check your LH level against that of your FSH level. LH and FSH are two very important hormones as they kickstart the ovulation process; if these are awry then ovulation will be affected.

nelly1994 Sat 22-Mar-14 16:31:36

Yeah my periods are irregular...that's why I started the pill five years ago, but I stopped them like a little over 2 months ago

willitbe Sat 22-Mar-14 16:48:45

I hope you won't mind me asking, but are you certain the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line? Just in case you thought they were like pregnancy tests.

If they are truly positive then you might as Attila suggests, be someone for whom opk's just don't work. And in which case worth looking into why your cycles are irregular.

willitbe Sat 22-Mar-14 16:49:44

Sorry on phone so can't see the picture if you posted one!

MooMaid Sat 22-Mar-14 16:53:05

Willit she has posted a picture, the line defo looks darker (I know you said you're on your phone)

nelly1994 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:43:54

Yeah the line is very dark both of them...

nelly1994 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:45:24

My last period was February 21st and I usually get my period like 25-28 days later...it's been a month already and no signs I don't even feel like I will any Time soon.

nelly1994 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:46:31

And by irregular periods I mean that they don't always come on the same day. But I do see it every month for sure.

Totesamazeballs Sat 22-Mar-14 18:59:27

I had positive OPKs when I was actually pregnant. Perhaps leave it a few days and take another pregnancy test?

nelly1994 Sun 23-Mar-14 04:16:22

Yeah that's what I'm going to have to do...ugh I hate this wait lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now