Talk

Advanced search

day 21 progesterone number - what does this mean?

(5 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Fri 21-Mar-14 14:31:04

Hi
I had day 21 bloods done, and my progesterone came back as 74.5 - my doc said I ovulated but this sound normal to everyone? The number surprised me as I thought anything over 20 showed that you had ovulated. What does this number actually mean?

jass43 Fri 21-Mar-14 14:39:05

Indeed it shows you ovulated. there is big variation in different women in this test, so nothing more,should,be read into this result

bessie84 Fri 21-Mar-14 14:42:02

that sounds a great number, think the number goes on quality off egg and endometrium, (dont quote me on this tho, its just what ive read on here and dr google) higher is good. so sounds like you had a good quality egg and great environment of fertility. fingers crossed for you little miss egg has been hooking up with sperm smile

last cycle my progesterone was 167! (obviously still here, didnt concieve) just had this cycles bloods today, so looking forward to the results next week.

good luck smile x

BumWad Fri 21-Mar-14 17:41:28

Mine have been: 49, 39 and 46.

All approx 7 days before AF.

CakeInMyFace Fri 21-Mar-14 19:40:44

Thank you...I'm trying not to get My hopes up after so many bfn! Am happy to hear that is a decent number as have been v worried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now