Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else find it really hard to talk to your partner about 2ww/symptom spotting?

(4 Posts)
greenpencils90 Wed 19-Mar-14 17:29:23

My partner is my best friend, and I can tell him anything... even really stupid or gross or sad things. But for some reason I can never talk to him about Pregnancy and how much it means to me. In particular how crazy I get about TTW and symptoms.

I've told him this, and he tells me he wants to know about it all, but everytime I talk to him about it, I get this feeling that its annoying/worrying/upsetting him.

Anyone else feel the same?

cooperG Wed 19-Mar-14 20:46:01

Yeah, I tell my dh everything usually but I feel like I should keep this kinda away from him, so he 1) doesn't see the true extent of my obsession(!) and 2) so he doesn't end up with performance anxiety! I don't think men really need to hear about cm/sore boobs/cervical position etc! grin

bakingmad83 Wed 19-Mar-14 21:03:43

We're meant to be taking a totally relaxed approach to ttc, so although I tell dh most things, thought it best to keep symptom spotting to myself smile

greenpencils90 Wed 19-Mar-14 22:17:37

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Just don't want to freak him out!! Poor man has enough to think about thinking he has got me up the duff and has to deal with a pregnant me! Can imagine I'm going to be a pain in the bum! Hehehe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now