Talk

Advanced search

How would you rate our chances?

(2 Posts)
charliefoxtrot Wed 19-Mar-14 13:49:58

DH and I were ttc for 18 months before we conceived the first time. It was an ectopic pregnancy and I lost one of my tubes. After another 18 months we conceived again and had our DS. He's now 11. We haven't used any contraception since then, but I haven't been pregnant since. We been actively ttc again for the last couple of years and got referred to the hospital for investigations. I found out that I had an endometrioma, which I had removed. Also, my good tube was blocked, and they did a procedure to unblock it. The tests have showed that my remaining tube is now clear, my ovary is functioning well and DH's sperm test was fine.

So there's a lot to be positive about, but I'm in my late 30's now and my BMI is too high (32.5). I'm terrified about getting my hopes up. When we were trying for our DS I drove myself absolutely nuts, constantly symptom spotting and became a POAS addict. Just seeing a woman with a pram drove me to tears. I'm scared to be positive because I don't believe our chances are really good enough for it to happen and I don't want to end up in the same emotional state again. Are these valid fears, or am I just being pessimistic?

Sleepyhoglet Wed 19-Mar-14 20:12:05

It may not happen. But keep having unprotected sex. The signs are that it COULD happen!! Keep trying. And also allow part of you to accept that it might not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now