Talk

Advanced search

Advise post birth?? Confused.com!

(3 Posts)
Blondie276 Wed 19-Mar-14 09:45:34

Hi all,
I have a 13 week DD and we are keen to start TTC as soon as possible ( mad to some I know !)
I BF for 2 months and stopped a month ago. I still haven't had the return of AF yet so assume I haven't started ovulating again.
However- last 3 days have had really bad period pain and a sharp pain on my right. Any ideas?
I tested yesterday and it was BFN just in case.

When did you periods return / start ovulating again and any ideas what this pain is as still no AF?
Thanks!

willitbe Wed 19-Mar-14 11:59:02

It could be ovulation pain, as it is possible and common to ovulate before your first period returns postpartum. Or most likely your hormones just starting to settle down and trying to ovulate, which may or may not happen.

There is no normal for return of periods. Igot mine back while exclusive breast feeding 6 weeks after the birth of my second child. And was pregnant while still breast feeding my first at 8 months, periods returns at 4 months. Everyone is different, some women don't get their cycle back for over a year.

Blondie276 Wed 19-Mar-14 14:07:04

Thanks willitbe. I wondered if it was ovulation pain but from my discharge it doesn't appear that I am ovulating. It's definitely better today but still there. I'm hoping I start ovulating again soon...... ( it's now been 4 weeks since stopping BF completely)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now