Talk

Advanced search

Three days of positive opks - what does it mean?

(13 Posts)
patienceisvirtuous Sun 16-Mar-14 11:23:06

First month of ttc but I've been tracking my cycle for ages. According to my 'calendar' was due to ov on Friday and funnily enough felt strong cramping in left ovary starting Friday afternoon. Got home from work and tested definite positive for opk. But did again Saturday and today confused

Is this normal? Anyone with similar experience?

Monkeybubbles1 Sun 16-Mar-14 11:54:55

Maybe your body has released more than one egg?

patienceisvirtuous Sun 16-Mar-14 12:15:33

Eek! Think I'll stop dtd for now then grin ;)

toothachereturns Sun 16-Mar-14 12:31:46

I am on cycle 1 of ttc my 3rd and I got positive opks for 9 days from 28th feb to 8th march! hmm No af yet and lots of BFNs. sad

Monkeybubbles1 Sun 16-Mar-14 12:34:26

That's my loosely scientific guess and probably wrong so I wouldn't worry too much.

patienceisvirtuous Sun 16-Mar-14 12:37:04

toothache are you late for AF then?

toothachereturns Sun 16-Mar-14 12:42:32

I thought I was, but maybe not. Totally confused. hmm I had the mirena coil out on 6th feb. Bled for about 10 days afterwards. I started opks to try get a rough idea what my cycle was now since I had no afs for 6yrs with the coil.
I had ovulation pains around 4th March.
Ive been getting crampy pains on and off for last 5 days, but no af. sad

toothachereturns Sun 16-Mar-14 12:43:22

I got BFN with first response pt yesterday. sad

patienceisvirtuous Sun 16-Mar-14 13:41:29

Ah maybe next month toothache once your cycle gas settled a bit?

patienceisvirtuous Sun 16-Mar-14 13:42:01

*has not gas smile

Ladymillion Tue 18-Mar-14 06:59:39

Hi patience, I had the exact same thing happen to me. First month using OPKs, had definite positives for 3 days (by the evening of the 3rd day it was negative). I was getting worried actually! At first you're dying to get that positive (I was at CD33 so had kinda given up!), then you want it to go away haha! I DTD on all three days (hadn't DTD for 4 days prior as dp was away) and then the following day (so 4 days in a row) and then got a BFP 9 days later! I'm now 6 weeks pregnant and hoping I have a healthy 9 months! smile

patienceisvirtuous Tue 18-Mar-14 07:24:48

My fourth day was negative grin phew!

Hope I follow your lead Lady. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy! smile

Ladymillion Tue 18-Mar-14 07:41:59

Thank you so much grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now