Talk

Advanced search

Another friend has announced their pregnancy...

(22 Posts)
AlpacaYourThings Sat 15-Mar-14 21:21:55

Am I allowed to be envious?

It's the third friend in less than a month sad

I'm very happy for her, I just wanted it to be me! In a cruel twist AF is two
days late but I got a "not pregnant" when I POAS.

I'm a bitch, aren't I?

fideline Sat 15-Mar-14 21:25:52

No. You're just disappointed.

You say you are happy for her. What more can anyone ask?

Hope it is your turn soon.flowers

LuckyAugust Sat 15-Mar-14 21:44:26

You are not a bitch at all. I had a crazy fit last night after Holly Willoughby announced her pregnancy!!! angry Then to top it off my first Af after a miscarriage arrived today too so feeling particularly low about that. Had early miscarriage a few years ago and fell pregnant again next month. Kinda thought the same would happen again this time sad .Lots of luck and hoping it happens for us soon xx

LuckyAugust Sat 15-Mar-14 21:47:33

Poor Holly- feel the need to justify I have no problem with her in general grin Just my mad crazy jealousy!

AlpacaYourThings Sat 15-Mar-14 22:06:59

Thank you both.

It's just frustrating, I said "congratulations!" as enthusiastically as I could, but it came out very flat. She gave me a very funny look as she has no idea I'm TTC, and I felt awful.

I knew what you meant! Lucky

RPopz Sat 15-Mar-14 22:20:55

You're definitely not a bitch. (And if you are well, then I'm one too!)

Lucky, lol, I was also kinda miffed to read that earlier! grin

AlpacaYourThings Sun 16-Mar-14 09:14:44

I'm very happy for HW but envy at the same time.

Thank you for saying I'm not a bitch. I really felt like it. She's 12 weeks gone and has a little bump already and when she patted it, I was envy

Pearlmum1 Wed 19-Mar-14 10:07:17

I think alot of people ttc for a while feel this way and its a natrual reaction, so do not feel bad! You should hear my brain! I also thought this about Holly, I actually thought 'typical' and 'of course she is pregnant, she is miss perfect...which is really unfair and not a graceful thought!! I am dreading my friends who are also trying to smugly announce their pregnancies and I will probably think 'well its easy for you' and 'lucky you' in a childish voice in my head! So I just tell my partner my crazy thoughts and then laugh about how silly they sound! We have been trying for just over a year, its that horrible thought of will it ever happen? Only people trying for a long time can understand the horrendous emotional rollercoaster, I know there are people who have been trying for years longer though. Good luck to you and I hope you get your positives soon!

MooMaid Wed 19-Mar-14 17:55:15

Know how you feel - I know of about 5 people (some friends, some just general 'people') who have just announced pregnancies. One was a fantastic story (15yr wait, deciding to adopt and just happened) and the other, total opposite, worst timing and thing to happen.

It just seems like its a slap in the face but it's nowt personal! Know how you feel but you're not a bitch!

AlpacaYourThings Wed 19-Mar-14 18:28:25

Thanks Pearlmum and MooMaid

No it's nothing personal, I just feel green with envy.

AF is now 5 days overdue, and two negative tests sad Is it possible my body is taking the piss out of me?!

SweepTheHalls Wed 19-Mar-14 18:29:53

Crappy isn't it. I would love to be genuinely happy for them all, but it just hurts a bit too much.

AlpacaYourThings Wed 19-Mar-14 18:32:56

Yes, Sweep it is just a bit too raw.

resipsa Wed 19-Mar-14 18:44:15

Definitely not a bitch, just human. I had a m/c confirmed on 31/12. When close friend announced in first week of Jan, I found it hard even to say congratulations. The fact that mine was an IVF loss and hers a happy accident made it worse. Chin up, you'll get there.

Inshock73 Wed 19-Mar-14 19:15:33

You're not a bitch, none of us are. I had a m/c last March and have been ttc for the last 8 months. In the last year I've lost count of how many friends and work colleagues have either announced they're pregnant or had a baby. Like you Resipsa some of them have been 'surprise' pregnancies which makes it even harder to swallow.

AlpacaYourThings Wed 19-Mar-14 19:52:42

So sorry to hear about your miscarriages resipa & Inshock73 flowers

One of my friends fell pregnant the first month, the first month!!

The surprise pregnancies are really hard. I also had a friend who had an abortion, that was very difficult. I wanted to support her but, it was just really hard.

Inshock73 Thu 20-Mar-14 07:15:18

Alpaca - I fell pregnant the first month too smile which makes the 8 months ttc now so much harder.

Can't imagine how hard it must've been to watch a friend have an abortion whilst ttc, btw I'm not anti.

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:04:13

I've just found out a friend is pregnant and due about the same time I was had I not had an early miscarriage. However, this person has had 3 quite late miscarriages and has had to give birth to all three fully formed. So I'm really happy for her but at the same time sad and gutted that I'm not. At least this time they can help her as they know what's causing it now.

clementinesandbananas Thu 20-Mar-14 17:57:34

If you're a bitch then so am I.

We're just starting ttc#3, and I already have two beautiful healthy children, one of each gender, and one conceived after medical treatment which could have left me infertile. So I already have the 'dream' and should be nothing but grateful. But no, I still feel incredibly jealous when friends announce their pregnancies and am getting somewhat obsessive about very dedicated to our ttc...

One thing that really helped me previously whilst ttc#2 was realising that there is not a finite number of babies in the world: you are no less likely to get pregnant because someone else already is. But it really sucks.

flirty30s Thu 20-Mar-14 18:39:11

I was thinking about HW when I heard it too, wondering had she just got up the duff when she felt like it or had she tried for months. Would love to know the stats #nosey bitch!

AlpacaYourThings Fri 21-Mar-14 18:54:54

It wasn't easy at all, Inshock

It's good to know I'm not a bitch, thank you all for being so kind. I hope it happens for you all very soon. flowers

LuckyAugust Fri 21-Mar-14 19:40:28

Hope it happens for you soon to alpaca x

impatientlywaiting14 Sat 22-Mar-14 23:55:56

AlpacaYourThings
No, your defiantly not a bitch, although i was asking myself this question when my friend announced her pregnancy (I put up a post ttc, fertility worries and friend has just announced shes pregnant). Three friends in one month that must be tough sad.

im sure you are being as happy as you can be though and putting aside your feelings and hurt for your friends sake.

My friends other friend has found out that my friend is pregnant and upon being told is going on about how hurt she is she wasn't told first and how shes not sure if she can be around the baby as shes now decided she may have one in a few years! (as far as my friend knew she wasn't planning anymore as that's what shes always said).

Not sure what else i can say i just Hope it gets easier soon for you soon
xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now