Talk

Advanced search

Evaporation lines.

(15 Posts)
HolidayArmadillo Sat 15-Mar-14 16:07:35

I've never had one. Had plenty of negative pregnancy tests but never an evap line, both times I had pos pregnancy tests they were very positive straight away, this time there was no line within 30-60 seconds so I chucked it in a drawer and forgot about it. 3-4 hours later there is a definite, thin line (not as thick as I think an obvious strong positive would be but there all the same.) Sound like an evap line?

RawCoconutMacaroon Sat 15-Mar-14 16:47:18

Do another test if there is any colour in the line. Evap lines tend to be grey.

I know they say don't read the result after 30 min but ime a negative has never turned positive... But a very very weak positive can look more darkly coloured when it's dry.

RawCoconutMacaroon Sat 15-Mar-14 16:48:55

And an early result may take several mins for any colour to appear at all. 60 seconds is not long enough!

HolidayArmadillo Sat 15-Mar-14 16:53:25

I've sent DH to the shops. I'll post a pic of the test.

HolidayArmadillo Sat 15-Mar-14 17:01:52

This is the test. A positive test is a horizontal and vertical line in the larger window.

HolidayArmadillo Sat 15-Mar-14 17:02:39

Aaaaand it's too small to see on here!

Dillydollydaydream Sat 15-Mar-14 17:10:01

There's definitely something there. The first response tests are supposed to be very sensitive so might be worth trying that brand instead.

cookielove Sat 15-Mar-14 17:16:33

I can see the line, is it sainsbury?

They are so bad for evap lines, def get another test and try again, preferably a pink dye test.

HolidayArmadillo Sat 15-Mar-14 17:20:52

Yes it is a Sainsbury's test, Sainsbury's is our nearest supermarket so I do tend to use their tests when I'm having that oh shit when did I last have a period panic (had an implant, irregular periods, happened a lot!!) yet I've never experienced an evap line. DH has gone to Asda so I'll see what he returns with.

cookielove Sat 15-Mar-14 20:14:32

What did he come back with?

HolidayArmadillo Sat 15-Mar-14 21:50:14

An asda own brand, will test in a couple of days if no period forthcoming.

RPopz Sat 15-Mar-14 22:23:04

I can sort of see it!

cookielove Sun 16-Mar-14 09:34:40

When are you of due af?

What kind of result are you hoping for?

HolidayArmadillo Sun 16-Mar-14 09:41:01

I genuinely have no idea when AF is due, it's always a surprise, I don't recall if I had a period in February or not. DH reckons I did as he distinctly recalls me saying 'fuck off with that, I'm menstruating' haha. If I was pregnant great, if not that'd be fine too. We're not actively trying but equally not being militant about preventing it (implant should have been replaced by now...)

cookielove Sun 23-Mar-14 08:18:45

Did you retest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now