Talk

Advanced search

Confused with ovulation and cramps ?

(4 Posts)
ladyblue91 Fri 14-Mar-14 23:04:14

Hello

So I came off the pill in Jan just two months ago to try for a baby. smile period started back on time with no delays and was completely normal.
I have a 28 day cycle and I am guessing I ovulate on day 14 so have used this date last month to try and conceive and this month.
February had ovulation around the 11th then had period 25th. We also had sex the 17th and 24th of Feb and 3rd of March a week before ovulation ad again this week.

But my questions are this... normally when I have a period I get the worse cramps sad but my last period was like this no cramps at all and period was for just 3 days started pink then red for a day then brown the next day and a few days after my period stopped I had pink blood in the loo and this week when I am ovulating I am having period like cramps and discharge now after ovulating ?
last night I was boiling hot and had weird dreams...

is it possible I am ovulating more then once this month because I stopped the pill ? and has anyone else had discharge and period like cramps after ovulating ? or maybe I can conceive at any time ?
also there are four sets of twins in my family that is why I am wondering if possible I can drop more then one egg.

many thanks xxxx

blamber Sat 15-Mar-14 15:20:43

I think if you release more than one egg it's at the same time. Hormones after ovulation prevent it can happen again. Once you ovulate, progesterone rises and then you should get your period a couple of weeks later.

You can have false ovulation though. Where your body gears up for it, but it doesn't happen.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 15-Mar-14 17:05:41

It is not correct at all to assume that ovulation happens around 14 days before the start of the next period. Ovulation is not an exact science and ovulation can occur earlier, later or not at all in any given cycle. You can get a temp rise in the second half of the cycle when an egg has actually not been shed so charting is not infallible. Sex two or three times a week throughout the month is fine.

Fraternal (Non-identical) twins are formed when two egg cells are fertilized; each egg by a different sperm so that two embryos are formed. Fraternal twins can be of the same or opposite sex and they don't have to look at all alike.

Identical twins are formed when one egg after being fertilized by one sperm, divides into two halves. The two halves are genetically identical. Identical twins are usually of the same sex.

neversleepagain Sat 15-Mar-14 19:25:36

I ovulate 10 days after my period, it is like clock work every month. I can feel when I ovulate, I get quite a painful ache above my bikini line. Some months I ovulate on both side, it is very distinct and I know when it is happening.

When we started TTC I told DH when I was ovulating (months one) and joked that it was on both sides and that we may have twins. Thought nothing more of it.

My twins are now 17 months old. I still ovulate 10 days after my period. Mostly both sides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now