Talk

Advanced search

DTD advice

(11 Posts)
clairewright32 Fri 14-Mar-14 22:04:23

When is it best to DTD a few days before I ovulate then on the day or just every 3 days to increase my chances. Please give me advice ladies x

LuckyAugust Fri 14-Mar-14 22:51:53

As much as you can in my opinion!! If you know when you ovulate, say on day 14 for example I would maybe dtd days 11-15. This hopefully covering all days. If your not sure when you are ovulating use opks, download 'fertility friend' app or look out for other signs, i.e. egg white cervical mucus. Good luck!! wink

clairewright32 Fri 14-Mar-14 23:09:36

Thank you x

KittyVonCatsington Sat 15-Mar-14 08:54:30

I've taken to DTD every day from CD 8 till 5 days after ovulation. Worked for me last cycle but sadly little bean didn't stick. Am mid way through the DTD marathon already this cycle though grin

cookielove Sat 15-Mar-14 10:12:48

Agree with others,(as in a good idea) we dtd from day 7 ish then for 3 straight days after ovulation then back to every other day. We caught the first month we tried this. (Lost baby at 8 weeks)

Don't worry if you don't dtd that much as this time we were not trying dtd 4 days before ovulation and dh says he pulled out (tbh I don't remember) and I am definitely pregnant.

So both ways can work smile

Good luck

KatAndKit Sat 15-Mar-14 11:11:14

Three times a week ought to be sufficient. If you are keeping track of ovulation, every two days in the six days up to and including ov is better than every three days. Anything after ovulation is not going to get you pregnant so just do it for fun as and when you fancy. If you are not charting or using ovulation tests, three times a week throughout the month is the best way of not missing the boat.

KittyVonCatsington Sat 15-Mar-14 14:29:18

Anything after ovulation is not going to get you pregnant so just do it for fun as and when you fancy.

True, but pinpointing ovulation exactly is tricky to do, so a few days after a positive LH surge at least covers all bases - certainly can't hurt!

I have read studies that three times a week doesn't work for all - if you think about it, you will have three day old swimmers rather than fresh ones. I tried DTD for fun and nothing happened. First time DTD every day and Bingo! Just hope I get luck twice and the little bean sticks!

Either way - there are exceptions on both sides and often it is just down to luck really shamrock

blamber Sat 15-Mar-14 14:38:44

Every other day is fine if your oh's sperm is healthy. When you are in those fertile days, sperm can survive for a long time, at least two days but they usually say up to five. Don't feel pressured into dtd every day, as this can put too much pressure on you and your oh to 'perform'. So it's best just to dtd regularly throughout your cycle.

RPopz Sat 15-Mar-14 15:20:00

Agree with blamber, dtding every day or even every other day for the month is pressurising and stressful... My DH and I just couldn't hack it, so now we are just concentrating on ovulation week, and then the rest of the the month just doing it when we feel like it.

But at the end of the day, people get pregnant with both methods so... just do whatever suits you.

KittyVonCatsington Sat 15-Mar-14 16:56:02

Have just read back and just want to point out, I wasn't suggesting DTD every day/every other day for 28 to 30 days grin ; 2 weeks though hasn't been too much pressure...yet!

clairewright32 Sat 15-Mar-14 17:18:31

Thanks for all the advice ladies I bought the digital sticks that pin points 4 days that may help you get pregnant.
Last month I DTD 9 days in a row and that did not work. So will try DTD every 3 days then the week I am fertile every couple of days so there is sperm in my tubes. Hope this works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now