Talk

Advanced search

Stupid idea?

(3 Posts)
Beansprout30 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:49:52

Came off my pill last month, af has arrived liked clockwork today as if ive never been on it which is great however this means I ovulate mid week and DH works away all week.

I know this can change and the little swimmers could potentially still work even if we dtd on the weekends, however I thought could I take one month of pills again to try and shift my cycle? Is this a really bad idea ? I just think it's such a slim chance of conceiving with him working away all week and he is away most of the summer and we really dont want to have to put things on holdtill the end of the year...

Any advice welcome even if it's to tell me im being ridiculous

FinickityCoder Thu 13-Mar-14 06:17:35

If your cycle seems to have settled well id be reluctant to do anything that might mess it up tbh.

When you say af arriving today means you ovulate midweek how do you know this? I only ask as I have a 30 day cycle and according to apps and typical period calculators I should ov cd16 except I don't and never have. I always ov around cd19/20 and infact my son was conceived during a cycle when I oved on cd21. We dtd once that month in the early hours of Saturday morning and I oved on the Tuesday so I would imagine in theory if you dtd Sunday night that should cover you until at least Thursday maybe?

Beansprout30 Thu 13-Mar-14 09:55:54

Thanks im just going by an app but I dont know for sure that's when I ovulated. I will perhaps try opk and check for sure im just soo keen to get pregnant before he goes away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now