Talk

Advanced search

clearblue monitor or digital ovulation tests?

(5 Posts)
littlemisswine Wed 12-Mar-14 08:08:12

which one would you recommend?

on cycle 4 and been having mid cycle bleeding around day 15 so want to track ovulation

Rubyshoe Wed 12-Mar-14 08:21:19

We used ovulation kits to conceive the first time which worked second month. second time around I was a bit more frantic for various reasons and went over to the CBFM which I am now a huge fan of. conceived 3rd month using it at age of 37. Basically I liked it because it gives you 3 days of high readings as a warning before ovulation which you don't get with OPKs so you can stock up on those little swimmers. you should get 3 high days then 2 peaks. We DTD on 1st and 3rd high days and both peaks, currently 12 weeks pregnancy fingers crossed. Good luck!

sebsmummy1 Wed 12-Mar-14 08:24:01

Why not try with the sticks and see how you get on with them first? I always found they worked for me.

I invested in a cbfm later as I wanted to get more information about my cycle. If I'm honest though all these extra bits of technology can serve as another thing to obsess about as so many of us don't work like clockwork.

If you have irregular cycles then I think they can be a godsend as they should help you time intercoursr better. If you have PCOS I don't think opks give accurate results. If you have regular cycles then really the sticks should be enough. Used alongside bbt charting you should be able to pinpoint ovulation and just make sure you bd lots in the 'fertile window'.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 12-Mar-14 08:44:40

Mid cycle bleeding should always be checked out medically by the GP to ascertain the cause. Its often not serious (cervical erosion can cause bleeding) but it should always be investigated further.

Unfortunately if you have irregular cycles such kits should be avoided altogether. A couple should certainly never go down the timed intercourse route because of pressures that puts on both the couple and overall relationship.

blamber Wed 12-Mar-14 14:08:13

I would go see the GP just to get it checked out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now