Talk

Advanced search

Just embarked on TTC and looking for reassurance...

(2 Posts)
cobaltblue27 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:56:34

Hi Everyone,

I have just embarked upon the journey of TTC (in midst of 2ww, but so convinced I got the timing wrong, and have no symptoms, so assuming nothing is happening this month). Despite always wanting to be a mother and to have children, I have suffered from horrible anxiety and depression, and it's only just recently that I have felt strong enough and ready to start trying. I feel really bad and irresponsible for taking so long to get over my issues, and I am worried I have left it too late. Please could anyone share some reassuring stories, about how they have managed to have more than one child after the age of 35? Various media stories have left me wondering whether I have scuppered my chances!

Thanks!

Elektra83 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:31:56

Hi cobaltblue27, I don't have any stories/advice but didn't want to read and run. Please don't feel bad, it's a good thing that you made sure you were strong enough to try!

I wish I could say something useful re the age thing but I only have anecdotes and that's related to my brother and sil - they had their first 3 yrs ago (both were 34) and are expecting their second in June.

Keep hanging in there and I know it's harder than it sounds, try not to worry too much otherwise the stress will make it harder. I know just how hard that is as well!

Oh and this board is great for venting! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now