Talk

Advanced search

Who's going to get a BFP on Mon 17th or thereabouts?

(20 Posts)
Bearsandtoys Tue 11-Mar-14 17:32:51

I'm not quite as optimistic as the thread title suggests. This is cycle 3 for me ttc baby no.2. With DS I got pregnant immediately so the wait is killing me. My collegaue who has been ttc at the same time has just got pregnant and I'm soooo jealous! It's horrible! Whenever I think I might be pregnant I just think I'm going to be disappointed next week.

Reasons why I could be up the duff
We shagged so much at all the right times.
My boobs might feel sore and big.
I can't stop eating.

Reasons why I'm probably not up the duff
I've poked my boobs so much they hurt and all the eating is making me fat and larger boobed.
No implanation pains/bleeding (how common is this?)
Not tired at all.

So is anyone in a similar boat? Talk to me!

yesnoyesnoyesno Tue 11-Mar-14 17:51:39

My AF due 23rd, this is cycle 2. Also dc2, dc1 came first try, didn't check cycles and stuff for that. Basically we dtd the last few days and now I want a baby to pop out. How soon before AF is a bfp possible?

Bearsandtoys Tue 11-Mar-14 17:58:50

Techincally 5 days or so but a few months ago I tested early, got a faint BFP but my period came anyway. Humph. I'd not recommend it. DH has all my pg tests and has been told the day which they must be issued to me. I have no self control!

flirty30s Tue 11-Mar-14 18:19:56

I will be testing on (or before) Monday although my AF is not due to the Wednesday. This is only my first cycle but it has been the longest month of my life. I have no idea how the very strong ladies who have been TTC for over a year do it. I actually tested last Sunday (about 4 DPO #mental) and got BFN (doh!) but I am determined that by Wednesday I will have a BFP. I had sore boobs but they've kind of gone. I feel like my belly is bigger and harder, which prob can't physically be true at this stage. And I'm tired and hungry all the time, but think I'm always tired and hungry... Did I mention I'm mental??

babybabybabyoh Tue 11-Mar-14 18:40:57

Hi, I'm due around this time too! Think I'm round about 7dpo but don't really know as had ovulation pains 2 days apart and it was early either way! I'm new to this ttc lark and didn't think I'd get swept up in mad symptom spotting but have. Someone recommended that pound land poas's as they are quite sensitive -and cheap- so bought a couple of boxes today and couldn't resist knowing it would be bfn at this point (justified it by telling myself it was only 50p and that at least I'll know what I'm doing next week... Hmmm

Generally feeling crap, have sore boobs and had a manky taste in my mouth all day!

I'm sure your Bfp will come soon bears, will keep everything crossed for you!

Sleepingstarsmommy Tue 11-Mar-14 18:45:16

My af is due on the 20th so will be testing from the 16th. Got everything crossed for a bfp but havent dtd as much as I would have liked this cycle (#4) at the crucial time but it only takes once doesn't it???

Bearsandtoys Tue 11-Mar-14 19:25:27

The cheap po-sticks are good and v sensitive.
Flirty, those ridiculous things are exactly what I keep thinking.

Does anyone else have a nice thought about potentially being pregnant/snuggly baby which lasts for a split second before remembering the disappointment of getting AF last time?

News just in: I feel flu-ey and a bit sick this evening. Definite preggo signs though didn't feel sick with DS until about 6 wks pg

maeanne Tue 11-Mar-14 19:38:58

Hi, I'm hoping for a bfp on or around the 19th. Also ttc no2 and on cycle 3.

I'm refusing to do any symptom spotting this month as my body has lied to me and got my hopes up for the last two cycles. Also will not be testing unless I am late!

Good luck everyone. smile

Sleepingstarsmommy Tue 11-Mar-14 22:36:47

Maeanne I wish I had your resolve. I say every month I won't test until I'm late but my IC are just too tempting and I can't resist. Not even kidding myself I'll be able to wait this month.

maeanne Wed 12-Mar-14 13:08:46

I've just been disappointed too many times. I may only be cycle 3 this time but we've been trying on and off or at least not preventing for years.

I may still end up tempted but staying strong for now smile I'm 8pdo today I think and haven't noticed anything unusual. Just a few things that could be considered symptoms but actually seem to happen for me every month, so I'm blocking them out!

Nottalotta Wed 12-Mar-14 18:38:38

AF due 18th. Dtd more than usual and earlier - started cd7 this time. Cycle 10 for me so heres hoping.

I have a sore throat and stuffy nose.....

Nottalotta Wed 12-Mar-14 18:39:12

Meant to add - i won't test til AF is late.

Nm94ah Wed 12-Mar-14 19:59:47

AF due tomorrow here...am 11DPO today as Ovulated on CD18.

Loads of symptoms, but sure I'm convincing myself...
Heavy / full feeling in uterus
Uterine Aches, but not cramps like AF
Extreme tiredness...I'm hanging by 4pm and sleeping like a log by 9pm, then still waking up tired at 5:30 (woken by DS!).
Heightened sense of smell
Increased hunger
Increased urination
Increased emotions...crying at Dancing on Ice at the weekend!!
Increased irritability, very short tempered with DS :-(
Boobs look bigger, but not sore, although I'm still Bf DS.
Nipples are sensitive, but I also get this with ovulation.

Fx for everyone! X

maeanne Sun 16-Mar-14 18:30:13

So... turns out I couldn't wait after all and ended up I tested this morning. Twice in fact. Both were faint positives! grin I'm trying to keep calm as it's so so early (af not due until Wednesday) but... grin

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else tested yet?

babybabybabyoh Sun 16-Mar-14 19:55:25

Huge congrats! You must be so chuffed smile

I'm waiting till AF is late to test (due on Wed) did an early one before the weekend as was on a hen do and wanted to know whether to have a few drinks or not but no surprise, it was BFN. Still have VERY sore boobs :/

Anyone else with any good news?

maeanne Sun 16-Mar-14 20:41:54

Thanks baby smile I am SO chuffed, and shocked, and a little scared. I've got strong cramps but they do feel different to my usual pre af ones. Just hope all is well in there!

Going to test again in the morning with a clearblue so fingers crossed. smile

flirty30s Sun 16-Mar-14 21:46:42

Massive congrats maeanne! So happy for you. I tested this morning (and every other morning this week #psycho) and it was a BFN at 11dpo and now my brown spotting from the last few days became bright red spotting just now and I'm half heartbroken but half still hopeful as my AF is not due til Wednesday. Has anyone ever gotten a BFP after bright red spotting or bleed few days before?? Or am I deluding myself?

maeanne Tue 18-Mar-14 21:13:39

How are you doing now flirty? Hope the bleeding hasn't turned in to full af.

Anybody else tested yet?

flirty30s Tue 18-Mar-14 22:24:22

Full AF I'm afraid maeanne. I had been planning TTC for so long and planning the nov baby for so long that I'm so gutted so can't imagine how other are feeling who have been TTC for years. You are so lucky and I wish you all the best! X

maeanne Wed 19-Mar-14 09:36:54

Thanks flirty. Wishing you better luck for next month. x

I've been testing every morning since Sunday and the lines are getting stronger smile Af would be due today so I am really hoping that there will be no sign of her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now