Talk

Advanced search

SMEP question- missed dtd on first day, cd8

(6 Posts)
Martie1 Tue 11-Mar-14 11:27:04

Hi all, dh and i have decided to try smep this month. We're on cycle 12 ttc our first.

We dtd on Sunday morning which was cd7. According to smep we should have dtd on cd8 but we were both wrecked last night and fell asleep really early.

Does anyone know if not dtd on cd8 is likely to make a difference? Or is the purpose of dtd on cd8 to keep sperm fresh in which case was dtd on cd7 ok?

I don't want to drive myself crazy at the end of the cycle thinking because i missed cd 8 that this is the reason i have no bfp. Better to get some answers now then when im in the irrational tww zone!

miserywaterfall Tue 11-Mar-14 17:15:25

I think you'd be fine having done it on cd7. As long as you do it on the later +opk and ov days I think you're giving yourself the best chance! Good luck!

Bearsandtoys Tue 11-Mar-14 17:35:26

What is smep? I've heard dtd every other day is better but I'm not sure I have the guts to miss a day! I'd regeret it when AF came. Is this what you're doing? I might try it...

miserywaterfall Tue 11-Mar-14 17:37:13

SMEP is Sperm meets Egg Plan Bears

spermmeetseggplan.com/

Bearsandtoys Tue 11-Mar-14 17:38:06

Thanks, I remembered the existence of google after I wrote that message!

Martie1 Tue 11-Mar-14 23:12:15

lol, thanks for the responses ladies. have some weird twinges tonight in my lower abdomen so hoping to skip a night and just start with smep tomorrow night on cd 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now