Talk

Advanced search

Early ovulation or false positive on Clear Blue Digital OPK?

(1 Post)
Stepawayfromthezebras Tue 11-Mar-14 10:27:58

Hello,

We're currently TTC no 1 and have been trying since September with no luck so far. We've not been doing anything other than JS'ing but as I'm 35 and getting a bit impatient with the whole thing I bought a Clear Blue OPK for this cycle This one

My cycles are usually 27 days, though my last cycle was 26 days and the first day of AF was the 25th Feb. I did the first ovulation test on the 4th March and got nothing, as expected, but the next day got a solid smiley face peak fertility sign which stayed for 2 days - so no flashing face high fertility sign preceeding it. The instructions say that you won't necessarily have the 2 day high fertility phase detected with the test and as it has to learn your base levels you won't get high fertility detected the first day you do the test. So I'm fine with that, but is it actually likely that I ovulated 8/9 days into my cycle?

I've been to-ing and fro-ing between trying to figure out whether it was actual ovulation or just a dodgy test. Next cycle I'll start testing earlier on to be more certain but in the meantime what do the wise TTC'ers of MN think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now