Talk

Advanced search

Missed first stick CBFM

(3 Posts)
MayimBialik Mon 10-Mar-14 22:37:15

I think I may have missed my first wee stick of the month on my CBFM. Not entirely sure because I completely forgot to check. I'm on CD 9 and last month (first cycle of using it) CD9 was the first day it asked for a stick. I didn't however ovulate until about CD23 (long cycles!) so there's a possibility that it'll wait a bit longer this time.

I'm the event that I did miss the first stick, have I cocked it up for the month?

MayimBialik Mon 10-Mar-14 22:37:56

*in the event

blamber Tue 11-Mar-14 10:28:11

If you have long cycles, day 9 is the latest day it will ask for the first stick. It doesn't matter if you miss it, especially since you are expecting that first week to be lows anyway. It will not mess up the cycle, because it will just start measuring your hormone levels from the next day.

I have long cycles too and what I do (to save on sticks) is to feed it an old low stick in the beginning. Then when I notice a change in my cervix, I start testing and I usually get a high a couple of days later and a peak about 5 days after that.

Alternatively, you can try using a new stick every other day (and use yesterdays stick on some days) until you hit a high and then test every day with a new stick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now