Talk

Advanced search

Day 21 Progesterone

(3 Posts)
AFreudianSlip Mon 10-Mar-14 21:45:48

Had the results of my day 21 test (which was done on day 26 of my 33 day cycle) and it was 29. The dr said this was low but as I'm also waiting for a follow up app with a gyn that he would leave it to be dealt with by him.

So whilst I wait...I just wondered does it signify that I definitely didn't ovulate this cycle? I keep reading that 30+ signals ovulation....is 29 a bit of a grey area though, where I may or may not ovulate?

Tia

blamber Tue 11-Mar-14 10:47:34

It really depends when you ovulated and how long your luteal phase is. Progesterone peaks on certain days (I think usually right in the middle between ovulation and period) and depending on your cycle this may not have been on day 26. If it was measured before or after the peak, this may give you a level of under 30 whilst you still ovulated. But then again, it may have been a different reason, I'm not an expert though.

eurochick Tue 11-Mar-14 11:48:56

Mine was 30 and was considered fine by the many consultants I saw in the course of fertility investigations. I had several monitored cycles too, and ovulated on every single one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now