Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic/Miscarry advice?

(3 Posts)
Concerned1990 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:26:44

I had an internal scan Friday and they saw a sac and said everything looked okay it was perfectly round but it was to early to see anything else and they took my blood to monitor my BHCG and said they'd arrange another scan in 7-10 days time but I was to come back today to redo the blood test to make sure I was doubling.

I woke up yesterday morning and went to the loo and when I wiped it was brown but still stringy (sorry tmi) I had to go back to the hospital for my second blood test and I must have stopped in every toilet to make sure it wasn't bright red. She took my blood and told me to wait for the dr so I could get my results from Friday which were 469.

Whilst waiting I went to the loo and it was bright red I told the nurse and the doctor and nurse examined me and said she could see a very small amount of blood but it was old blood and she explained it had clotted nicely together and my cervix was firmly closed so I was okay and she was perfectly happy.

She told me that she would get my results back later that day and if anything was wrong she would call me if not I won't hear from her until tomorrow and everything is fine, I phoned to make sure and she told me my results had only risen 27% they were 598 and that indicated I was having an ectopic pregnancy or I was going to miscarry.

I went in earlier today as the blood was a little heavier and she did an examination again and she said that my cervix was still firmly closed and that their was no new blood and it had practically gone.

I told her I kept getting odd twinges on one side and she then told me I would know if I was having a miscarriage or an ectopic It would be a full period bleed and I'd be doubled over in pain same with the ectopic I'd defiantly know and she doesn't think these twinges are an ectopic. She wouldn't scan me though to make sure nothing was in my tubes sad I keep getting the odd cramps here and there but nothing making me double over.

Has anyone else had this and been fine? Should I be worried? I go for another blood test tomorrow but this waiting is killing me I just want my baby to be okay and preferably another scan but they won't give me one for at least another week

jass43 Tue 11-Mar-14 10:42:26

check up maidiagnisedmiscarriages website, you eill find loads of info there on low/slow rising betas and varied outcomes. Good luck,

Concerned1990 Tue 11-Mar-14 12:40:48

They're saying their is no chance it will be a normal healthy pregnancy they're gonna scan me Thursday because I didn't want the injection

Sac had grown .5mm in 3 days which she said wasn't good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now