Talk

Advanced search

So broody for No.2 it hurts!

(11 Posts)
Odaat Mon 10-Mar-14 11:29:19

It is not the right time though. All though feeling fine, I am on ADs and have been since christmas for PND.
Despite this i yearn for another everyday! My dd is nearly 1 ...
How do I get rid of this desperate broodiness !? TIA

Cnix Mon 10-Mar-14 14:01:49

I don't know. I have it too. Every time I look at dd I just want her to have a brother or sister so much. We tried for a few months to just DTD and see what happens and just got AF after 3rd cycle of trying properly with opks fertility monitors etc. so disappointed. I wish I could stop thinking about it but it's all I can think about.
Can you not take ad when pregnant then? I thought there must be something you could still take?

Odaat Mon 10-Mar-14 14:47:06

Hi smile
Sorry to hear about your troubles- but 3 minths isn't too far along so I would say dont fret too much, bet you will get your bfp soon enough smile
I know I am able to take ADs whilst pregnant, but I just feel its not really right (for me) to get pregnant whilst still having to use a medication for ADs . I have always been wry impulsive (or reckless you could say!) so I am tryi to 'do the right thing'. But it is hard when you have such a yearning, isn't it!

Cnix Mon 10-Mar-14 19:25:59

Yes very. You know best but I wouldn't let it put you off trying then. I know I shouldn't get so down as three months of properly trying isn't that long. It's just that I have to have some treatment in my cervix next week for dodgy smear test so that's going to delay things for a few months. :-(((. Was hoping to get a BFP this month so treatment would be delayed until after the birth. What's meant to be I suppose

Odaat Mon 10-Mar-14 20:24:01

Oh sorry to hear that sad I have a smear in April so could be in same boat as you! I never thought of that. I guess it is def what's meant to be will be- a few more months in the grand scheme of things isnt that long (though for us ttc it is!)
I hope your treatment goes well smile and swiftly too, so you can resume your ttc once again smile
I am very worried about concieving on ads as I think its perhaps irresponsible in some way? Like i am trying to recover from an illness (depression) and tryin for another right now isn't right? I wish i didnt care some days and that I would just do it! I secretly want to :/

Cnix Mon 10-Mar-14 20:41:42

Yes it is an illness which you are trying to recover from and recognizing that you need to recover from it doesn't make you irresponsible. I bet you wouldn't feel you were being irresponsible taking mess for any other type of illness (assuming they are safe during pregnancy).
Hopefully you won't have any problems with your smear. It's not that common I think.

Cnix Mon 10-Mar-14 20:42:08

Meds not mess!

Odaat Tue 11-Mar-14 19:24:47

Thanks ! I have thought that too- regarding the idea that if it were any other illness would I let it stop me etc. I guess i just fear it would all go wrong and if get pnd again as then blame myself for bein reckless (plus have others blame me) silly, but true.

Odaat Tue 11-Mar-14 19:26:32

When can your ttc resume by the way? Hopefully its not too long a wait for you smile in the meantime we can enjoy relative peace, haha

Cnix Wed 12-Mar-14 18:40:12

I think 6 weeks is the minimum I have to wait and the treatments not til next week. Keep thinking that's at least two cycles wasted :-(( although will enjoying not having the pressure of DTD all the time.

Odaat Wed 12-Mar-14 19:31:16

Oh wow thats not long at all! (I was thinking months !) i appreciate it must seem like an age to you though, but by the sounds of it you will have a nice rest and can resume DTD with a bit more energy ! Sure it will fly by for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now