We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Found out I was pregnant a few days ago and now I'm having a mc :(

(25 Posts)
Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:28:06

Me and my partner was so happy the other day we had a BFP what we was waiting for and now I'm having a mc sad called up the nhs direct and they said it sounds like early signs of a mc sad

Beansprout30 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:35:37

So sorry to read this sad

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:38:00

I know sad, it was our first time Ttc sad I just feel so low and my thoughts are all over the place sad

flirty30s Sun 09-Mar-14 16:39:25

Really sorry to hear that kittycat, thinking of you xo

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:41:08

Thankyou both it means a lot iv never been thought this before and it's so upsetting for me sad xx

Northernlurker Sun 09-Mar-14 16:42:48

I'm sorry to read this. Are you keeping warm and taking some paracetamol? An experience like this is very shocking. Warmth will help. Unfortunately a lot of pregnancies do end in miscarriage. It's very sad and you need to take time to come to terms with this. Don't expect to feel better straight away and don't worry about feeling sad. You had a lot of hopes and dreams for this pregnancy and you need time to grieve for that.

bakingtins Sun 09-Mar-14 16:44:16

I'm sorry, kitty it's a horrible thing to go through. I don't know if you are aware but there is a miscarriage board hidden away in body and soul where lots of support is available if you need it.

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:46:48

I'm just sitting out side feeling lost at the moment watching my boyfriend do the garden with his friend he is just keeping busy because he was upset earlier sad, iv taken some co codamal seems to be stronger I just feel freezing and I can't walk properly at the moment

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:48:00

We said we are going to wait a few months before trying again to make sure everything is back to normal xx

abcdef12345 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:50:06

Kittycat - I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I had one early Jan, whilst trying ttc with my first baby. It's horrible, I understand what you are going through. You have to keep strong and be positive. Lots of hugs x

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:51:48

Thankyou I'm sorry to hear what happened with you I'm trying to be strong I just don't know what to do with myself sad x

Northernlurker Sun 09-Mar-14 16:59:14

Can you get him to get a blanket to wrap round you and a hot water bottle? Lots of tea is a good idea too. It will warm you up and you need to keep your fluids up. You don't have to be strong. This is a horrible thing to happen and it's ok to be flattened by it for a while.

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:02:50

He has brought me a blanket and he is running me a bath because he thinks it will help, I'm trying to hold back the tears in front of him but it's just making it worse sad xx

Northernlurker Sun 09-Mar-14 17:04:49

He sounds very sweet. Cry together. You need to cry. He needs to cry. That's how we mourn.

Kittycat1991 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:07:53

He is bless him he has been really good to me today and trying to help me he was crying earlier and I was when I found out he just keeps saying you need to stop being so strong and just let it out x

Lucky3878 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:21:43

So sorry to read this. A few years ago I found out I was pregant and then sadly miscarried a week later. We were heartbroken. Sending you big hugs and wishing you lots of future happiness and good health

Lucky3878 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:22:48

*pregnant (stupid phone causing typos!!)

Northernlurker Sun 09-Mar-14 17:27:55

Well kittycat - you know that you can take care of one another and you know how much this means to you both. Nobody wants to find that out in this way but those are both good things to know. Keep holding each other.

RPopz Sun 09-Mar-14 17:29:54

So sorry to hear Kitty. Let yourself cry, it'll do you both good. You're being very brave x

KittyVonCatsington Sun 09-Mar-14 19:04:48

Sorry you have experienced this sad. I too had a chemical pregnancy last cycle and it is now 3 days since the end of what was my missed period. The first day, I was in floods and found it difficult to work (secondary teacher) but DH and DSis were very supportive, so that even by the next day, I was feeling less 'pain'. Do you have support like this in real life?

It will help you to talk it through and see where you go from here. Remember, that about 1 in 6 fertilisations end up this way, so there is unlikely to be something wrong. I have read that some women are super fertile after as the body is still geared up for pregnancy so you could start trying again straight away. I am grin

eurochick Sun 09-Mar-14 19:26:42

Hi Kitty, mcs are very common, but I wanted to say, are you sure you are miscarrying? Bleeding in early pregnancy is very common. What were the symptoms that NHS Direct said sound like the early signs of a miscarriage? I don't want to give you false hope, but mc is not something that can be diagnosed over the phone.

Kittycat1991 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:04:49

Went to the doctors and they have confirmed I had a miscarriage :/

toothachereturns Mon 10-Mar-14 19:16:07

Sorry to hear that kitty. X

HollyBen Mon 10-Mar-14 19:25:05

I am so sorry to hear this kitty I have been through this twice and it is truly awful. Give yourself time and space to grieve. There is a wonderful thread in Body and Soul for those who are TTC after MC. It is sad to be there but we are a supportive bunch and even manage to have a laugh despite it all. Please pop in and say hello when you are feeling up to it. It is great to have a place to ask questions and get support. Take care x

HollyBen Mon 10-Mar-14 19:26:00

I am hopeless at posting links. If want to join and can't find the link pm me and I will try and help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now