Talk

Advanced search

symptom spotting

(14 Posts)
babybabybabyoh Sun 09-Mar-14 12:56:00

Our first month of ttc and I am totally on the symptom spotting wagon, everything is a potential symptom haha. Finding it quite fun but I'm sure I will be annoying myself with it in a few months if it takes a while.

Anyone else just starting out ttc number 1?

bakingmad83 Sun 09-Mar-14 15:22:36

Our first month of ttc number 1 too. It's an exciting time smile Trying not to get my hopes up too much though, as I have a few friends who it took a year or more to conceive and know how disappointed they were at times.

flirty30s Sun 09-Mar-14 15:31:32

My first month ttc number 1 too. I'm 4 DPO and already have taken two pregnancy tests (negative) and been gutted both times. Yes I know, I need to wait another 10 days to test and yes I know I'm completely bonkers! Time is just dragging!!

bakingmad83 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:15:51

Fingers crossed it's good news for you in 10 days smile

babybabybabyoh Sun 09-Mar-14 20:08:31

Hellooooo

Exciting times ahead for us all. Fingers crossed for you both smile

So far I am... Super tired (slept for an hour this aft which is very unlike me but I did go on a long walk yesterday), extra thirsty and my boobs feel uncomfortable hmm. I think I am only about 4dpo so think it may all be in my very hopeful mind. Have you had anything suspect?

bakingmad83 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:33:09

Thanks smile Nothing yet, but think I only ovulated in the last day or two. Tiredness and sore boobs are a good sign if you don't usually feel like that before your period is due.

babybabybabyoh Mon 10-Mar-14 08:10:30

Feeling totally crap, though thinking maybe I just have a bug as my whole body hurts :/ I do find it all very strange thinking I could be pregnant soon. I can't cope with all this excitement/ nerves haha

bakingmad83 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:22:54

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good, if it's a bug hope it passes quickly. I know what you mean, it's hard to believe and when (fingers crossed) I get a bfp, probably won't believe it!

babybabybabyoh Mon 10-Mar-14 19:32:56

Thank you smile not really sure what's going on, certainly feeling although I'm starting with something but my boobs are really painful too which is very unlike me.

Nope we def won't believe it will we. I've been reading loads over last few months on here but couldn't really relate, now the 2ww seems like a year. I've got the added issue of a hen do this coming weekend, feeling rubbish and wondering what to do about not drinking, certainly feeling 'different' at the minute so don't really want to just think it's okay to drink. I don't fancy a sober night out either, eek what to do lol.

bakingmad83 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:42:47

That's a difficult one and can understand if you're feeling different you don't want to drink. I think if it was me I might just have one or two drinks, as doing that once isn't going to hurt, but that's just my opinion.

I'm hoping the rest of this fortnight is going to hurry along, but I know it won't!

babybabybabyoh Mon 10-Mar-14 19:53:11

Thanks for advice, think I will just see on the day. Thinking it may be difficult to explain why I'm not on the shots/cocktails though. We'll see...

Let me know how you get on smile

bakingmad83 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:56:36

You could always say you were on antibiotics, as know they don't agree with alcohol smile

Will do, here's hoping for both of us smile

flirty30s Mon 10-Mar-14 22:07:55

I'm the same baby have a girls weekend in London which was booked months ago and just know they'll be watching what I'm drinking all of fri, sat and sun. Don't expect my BFP until wed 19th march but am going to test on fri 15th march before i go, with a first response just in case.

I kind of plan to start with a vodka and apple juice then keep getting apple juice if I can...

babybabybabyoh Tue 11-Mar-14 10:42:11

Tricky this ttc lark! Yeah I was thinking the same re testing before I go but expect it will be too early!

Good plan with the drinking, just don't drink too much apple juice or you may have some interesting symptoms ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now