Talk

Advanced search

How likely is it?

(8 Posts)
Messupmum Sat 08-Mar-14 14:07:17

Got pregant with my first child no problem, I'm 30, think I'm ovulating this wkend and dtd last wkend and thurs. It quite likely isn't it?

Messupmum Sat 08-Mar-14 14:09:33

Sorry for all the errors. I'm tired and not feeling great.

Chloerose75 Sat 08-Mar-14 14:14:09

Doing it last weekend probably won't help if you're ovulating this weekend. Sperm can sometimes survive up to 7 days in the right conditions but the usual time is more like 3 days so likely the sperm from last weekend is no good. Sperm from Thursday could potentially still do it however if I were you I would be doing it again today and tomorrow if possible. I would not call it likely that you'll get pg otherwise. Possible yes, likely, not particularly. Good luck though.

Tranquilitybaby Sun 09-Mar-14 15:17:17

Thursday is good obviously but I'd do it today and for next couple of days to give yourself the best chance! X

Messupmum Sun 09-Mar-14 16:00:36

Sorry, I'm not actually trying to get pregnant so trying to avoid dtd avoiding ovulation until we can sort out conctraception, Bit worried I might already be pregnant though. Feel a bit confused, just have to wait.

Messupmum Sun 09-Mar-14 19:53:54

I'm in a lot of pain. Feels like bad period pains and I've had to resort to a hot water bottle. Could be just a bad stomach and I'm looking too much into it. But am I ovulating? And is the pain worse if something is going on?!

Chloerose75 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:35:21

It is quite common to get ovulation pain sometimes which can be like a bit of period cramp or some sharp twinging. I have it sometimes though I never noticed it before ttc. Maybe you are more aware now because you're taking more notice of your body. However you wouldn't be able to feel anything "going on" in the sense that if any of Thursdays sperm was still around to meet your egg you would not feel that encounter happening! I guess all you can do is sit out the 2 week wait and then test as soon as you can.

Tranquilitybaby Mon 10-Mar-14 10:33:00

Oh I see! Well if that's not your intention then I hope you get the result you want in a few weeks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now