Talk

Advanced search

CD35, 8 days late, BFN. Ill earlier in year - what's going on?!

(14 Posts)
sksk11 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:56:31

Hi,

I'm new here, and although I've read what seems like a million other posts on the same subject as my post, I am feeling the need for a bit of personal support / reassurance here from others who have been through this.

Came off Cerazette POP 29th October 2013, and started TTC straight away. After 10 years with very infrequent visits from AF (one of the bonuses of the POP!), she returned surprisingly soon on 21st Nov. Like clockwork she returned again 28 days later, so although it meant I wasn't pg, I was at least pleased to have what seemed like a regular cycle so soon after coming off the pill.

Unfortunately I came down with a nasty ear infection at the start of the year, which landed me in hospital for a couple of days, on IV antibiotics and very dehydrated. It took me about 10 days to fully recover, and I lost a fair bit of weight as a result. I also started bleeding, which I presumed was an early visit from AF caused by the stress (21 day cycle as opposed to 28), but it only lasted 2 days. Since then, AF came again on 2nd Feb, a 26 day cycle this time, and the normal 6 day visit.

We have been regularly DTD (though not daily or anything), and have been sure to do it on or close to ovulation day (although this is according to an app on my phone rather than OPK or temping). I tried a digital OPK one month from day 10 - 20, but got no smiley faces. Not sure if this has been due to testing EMU, and I have read a lot of posts that suggest that testing in the afternoon can be more successful.

I expected AF to arrive on 28th Feb, which would have followed the 26 day cycle of last month, but she is yet to arrive and I am now CD 35, and 8 days late. I can't say that I have noticed anything out of the ordinary really. I had serious munchies in the middle of the cycle, and could have eaten my arm off, but this is not unusual for me, and I wondered if I was catching up on the weight I lost when I was poorly! I had some bloating, which now seems to have settled. I had some cramping leading up to the expected AF. Maybe the only different thing I have noticed is white / cream / yellow mucous over the last few days, and I am normally dry in the 2-3 days prior to AF. I took a HPT on 6th March (Superdrug early), but BFN.

What do you all think? Is the witch simply giving me the run around. Could I get a BFP in a few days? Is it the effect of the illness on my cycle?

stinkypants Sun 09-Mar-14 07:26:21

Hard to say but the white discharge is a pregnancy symptom. Just a waiting game to test again I think!
Good luck

Treaclepie19 Sun 09-Mar-14 09:33:45

Just to say, i had a short period as a result of losing weight and the next month it was extra long to make up for it.
Obviously you could still be pg but just thought id sharea when i was browsing I couldnt really find anything on it.
Good luck smile

Missmc14 Mon 10-Mar-14 07:31:33

I'm in same boat, same symptoms 10 days late now. I'm tempted to go doctors today/tomorrow get some one to look further,
All I want is to know now!
Let me know how you get on
Fx it's a BFP for you
But do go doctors. I hear you can requests blood test that traces the hormones easier. But from reading some people don't get the HGC show up till 9-12 weeks :/

sksk11 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:10:33

Thanks everyone.

I'm now 10 days late, and none the wiser. I bought a Clear Blue duo pack today, with the standard test and digitial test for good measure! I wanted to test as soon as i got home (figured my urine would be concentrated enough after not peeing for 6.5 hours and only consuming 1 cup of tea whilst at work) but hubby has persuaded me to wait until morning.

Still no serious symptoms (of impending AF or pregnancy). Had a few hours of burning sensation in my nipples a couple of nights ago, but nothing since. The only other thing continues to be daily cervical mucous of varying quanitities. Today, there was a large amount of slippery eqq-white style mucous, and yesterday when hubby and I were getting amorous, he commented on the, ahem, excessive amount of 'lady juice'!! (sorry, TMI !)

Wish me luck. Will be sad if it's a BFN, and guess it will be a waiting game....

Missmc14 Tue 11-Mar-14 07:20:32

Good luck waiting game Is annoying!! Fx for us both smile

sksk11 Tue 11-Mar-14 07:45:27

BFN sad

The clearest biggest fattest negative.

Time to wait for the witch, and remain none the wiser.

Missmc14 Tue 11-Mar-14 10:24:20

You sound exactly the same as me all BFN but no sign of AF :/ 11 days and counting.
Getting annoyed now not knowing what's going on never been late before

sksk11 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:45:30

So frustrating Missmc14! If I get to 20 days late, I'll test again. Can't face the disappointment of seeing that blank second window too many times.

Missmc14 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:49:54

I got negative again today.... Going doctors Friday as i think it must be something else :/
So annoying in constantly up and down over it all.
I'll keep my fx for you smile

icy121 Wed 12-Mar-14 18:18:35

Same situation. Cd 38, Christ knows when I ovulated. If I ovulated. No pg symptoms to speak of, no af symptoms to speak of.

Came off Yasmin in November, this is second true cycle, last cycle was 35 days. Quite a lot of cm - this is grim, BUT, I shoved mooncup in yesterday as out at a meeting all day and no easy access to loos. There was quite a bit of cm in there when I hoiked it out.

Fucking bored of waiting, thinking about it!

sksk11 Thu 13-Mar-14 19:37:25

Hi Ladies,

Feeling your pain!

Missmc14 - any joy in getting to see your doctor?

Today is 13 days late for me, CD 41, and still nothing. The CM seems to have settled a bit, so not sure if it was just a late ovulation, or something else. Boobs also seem big today, so wondering if AF is on her way.

Will keep you posted....

sksk11 Thu 20-Mar-14 06:01:56

Well I just tested again this morning, and another BFN sad

I used a First Response. I'm 20 days late today, so would have hoped to have seen a slight line by now if I was PG.

Just to make it extra cruel, I held the test up to the light searching for that second line - though I saw it, pulled the test apart, and found that the plastic casing has a section behind the test window with vertical lines moulded into the plastic, and the line was therefore just a shadow! Hmmpphh.

Carry on with the waiting game, though it would appear my body is just playing a game.

sksk11 Fri 21-Mar-14 17:29:17

Can you hear that distant cackle?....

That's right, the witch arrived this morning sad bittersweet as at least I know where I stand, but sad it wasn't the outcome I hoped for, and if hubby and I conceive this cycle, it would. E a Christmas baby, which we both wanted to avoid.

sigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now