Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK at 13 DPO - what is this about??

(7 Posts)
artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:26:02

Hi all, I just went to take a HPT and took an OPK test strip by accident. I then too a HPT test strip so have taken an pregnancy and ovulation test....and got a (I think) positive OPK? I am temping and charting and clearly ovulated 13 days ago so am surprised that this OPK strip was so dark. OK, it wasn't exactly as dark as the control line but barely off! The HPT was negative but just wanted to know if anyone else has found this with OPKs?

DisneyDiva87 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:32:40

Try a pregnancy test.

I used up the remainder of my opks for confirmation once I had my +ve pg test because they react to the pregnancy hormone as well.

Fingers crossed!

DisneyDiva87 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:35:17

Oh I mustn't have read your post properly the first time. I'd try another pregnancy test in the morning to make sure, but it could be that you have ovulated really late and if you already had a positive opk then maybe you had the hormone surge but didn't actually ovulate so are ovulating now?

Seems weird. I was all excited for you there. I don't want this to seem like I think you are stupid but just in case you don't know, pregnancy tests can be really really faint and that still means a positive they aren't the same as opk's where the line has to be really dark.

artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:40:08

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do have irregular periods so I chart my temperature and cervical mucus too on Fertility Friend. I have all the signs of having ovulated two weeks ago nearly so am surprised. I don't know much about what you are saying - having a hormone surge but not ovulating - but will ask my Dr about it as I have an apt tomorrow. I will take another pregnancy test tomorrow morning but these cheapies I am using , well, I don't have much faith in them if they are like the opk strips! I have a First Response Early Response I have been saving. I am tempted to try it later today!

DisneyDiva87 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:46:19

I used cheapies and they worked fine for me, don't waste your one response. I saved my digi clear blue till I got a positive on a cheapie just for reassurance and then proceeded to use a ton more cheapies out of disbelief

I'd assume you are ovulating now then just in case you are, and see what the Dr says. If your periods are irregular it is most likely you have ovulated late.

artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:49:14

Oh dear, no chance of DTD today with partner away. Thanks for the advice then. Will definitely ask the Dr tomorrow sad

artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:53:24

p.s. I must add that the test line is not as dark as the control line so maybe not really a positive, fx!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now