Talk

Advanced search

2 week wait please join me!

(55 Posts)
fs2013 Wed 05-Mar-14 10:31:50

Hi everyone, I'm 3dpo today and have mild cramping in my lower abdomen & sore boobs...I can't test for ages yet so it's going to be a long wait!

Had really strong twinges on Sunday (definate ovulation pain) on my left side & positive opk both Sun and Mon..

I am using a sperm donor and I did AI on Friday and Monday

fs2013 Wed 05-Mar-14 12:23:54

Anyone?!

OrchidFlakes Wed 05-Mar-14 12:43:43

I'll join you waves due to ov today but have been dtd the past few days hoping for some lazy girl sperm to hang around and pounce on that egg. Had some ov like twinges this morning... I hate the 2ww

fs2013 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:01:09

Aw thanks! Good luck with it! 2ww new to me as first try! (It's hell)! I have a 10 year old and didn't think I was going to have more!

OrchidFlakes Wed 05-Mar-14 13:12:23

it's our first try this month too trying to get DC2. DS is 18 months

Strawberryfizzylaces1 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:18:54

Hi, it's also my first tww now, just started I think. Although totally confused as I had a positive opk on Friday but was still gettin ewcm until last night???? So now I'm having an irrational panic that I didn't ovulate when I thought I did! Really worried that I have missed my chance now. Please someone knock some sense into me and tell me to chill out!

OrchidFlakes Wed 05-Mar-14 13:29:38

I could tell you to chill out strawberry but it'd be a little hypocritical of me as I am also worrying that by dtd early in the month I am wasting a month of trying by not dtd on ov day and although I should ov today and have ov pains I have no ewcm...? Arrggggghhh - seee I am as irrationally panicy as you! grin brew and cake for us all

Strawberryfizzylaces1 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:46:25

orchid I'm sorry that your panicking to, but sort of glad it's not just me! I have read that sperm can live up to 3 days in the right conditions, so I'm just trying to tell myself that There is a good chance, just have to sit and wait! I'm just scared of the disappointment I guess, but equally I know that it can take months of trying and this is only
My first shot! (Secretly hoping for lazy girl sperm too!)

If you think you ov today will you have the chance to dtd? That might set your mind at rest?

fs good luck with ttc, I too have to wait ages to test!

HarderToKidnap Wed 05-Mar-14 16:21:54

I'm in! 1dpo today, I'm charting and OPKing and pretty sure I oved yesterday around 5am. SWI at all the right times and now just got to wait! Have developed a UTI today though, so that's rubbish. TTC no 2 and this is cycle 6, same cycle I conceived DS on so hopes are high!

WutheringTights Wed 05-Mar-14 20:02:28

Me too. Not sure when I ovulated as haven't been tracking that carefully, just been Dtd every couple of days from day 7ish of cycle to day 16ish and assuming that'll cover me. Now on day 28. Have decided to wait until the weekend before POAS so would welcome some company.

fs2013 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:22:39

Strawberry-don't worry about ewcm, I've read people who are preg get it for days after conception!

I'm on 4 dpo now and woke up with backache, it's like pmt backache but AF not due for 12 days?!

Strawberryfizzylaces1 Thu 06-Mar-14 10:25:10

Thanks fs I am trying not to panic, also had ewcm yesterday too?? So dtd just to make sure. I have no idea what dpo I am, af due on the 20th, so I'm goin to try not to concentrate on it and wait till the 20th. I have made a pact not to poas until then too. Glad to have these forums to indulge and rant! X

fs2013 Thu 06-Mar-14 13:06:25

Af due on 18th & I'm not testing until then..such a long wait though! I'm going on holiday next week though so hopefully will take my mind off it!

artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:55:26

I'm 13 dpo and just took an ovulation test (by mistake) and got quite a second line (not as dark as the first line but prominent) ..very odd...I took a home pregnancy test today and that was as BFN as can be! Argh!

OrchidFlakes Thu 06-Mar-14 16:24:11

fs my af is also due on 18th, I'm

OrchidFlakes Thu 06-Mar-14 16:25:18

Sorry hit the wrong button!

I'm planning to test on 17th so DH won't be at work as either way I'll need a hug!

HarderToKidnap Thu 06-Mar-14 16:58:45

Artylady, think the LH might rise first? Before the HCG can be detected, but don't take that to the bank!

Strawberry, whilst you have EWCM I would be DTD every other day or so. Of you're not due on til 20th but oved over the weekend that would be a really long LP which would be unusual, so maybe it happened later than you thought? I know I have OVed four days after a positive OPK before.

UTI really playing up now, it's horrible! My temp Is high when charting but that could be the fact I have an infection. 2dpo so a long wait! Will test from next Wednesday I think, it's very early but I have some things I have to stop taking as soon as I fall pg, plus I know myself by now and I'm a complete POASaholic!

artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 17:47:10

Hi HarderToKidnap, oh you mean that maybe its a positive sign? Well, I just took a First Response early result test as I was going to burst wait at 13dpo and I got a faint but clear second line? Will see what Dr says tomorrow am, cant wait. Lucky I am out for the evening now or I would go mad waiting. Good luck all of us!

HarderToKidnap Thu 06-Mar-14 17:54:49

Congratulations arty!!!!! Fabulous news! A line is a line!

fs2013 Thu 06-Mar-14 18:26:58

Arty you are pregnant! A line is a line! Congratulations!! xxx

Orchidflakes keep me posted? We have same dates!! If you test on the 17th and it's negative, do another one if AF is late as can show up later. Fingers crossed for you!

Strawberryfizzylaces1 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:28:48

Congratulations arty! Fx for the rest of us

flirty30s Thu 06-Mar-14 19:43:08

Strawberryfizzylaces I think I'm similar dates to you! AF was due on 11th feb but I had a 32day cycle instead of my usual 28 so she didn't come until 15th feb. I have been BDing every other day since 18th feb and only got a +ve opk on 4th march so think my bfp is now due on 18th march instead of 11th march like I'd hoped. Which is making my TWW very effing long!!

gwenabee85 Thu 06-Mar-14 22:39:43

Can I join? AF/Bfp due around 15th march, driving myself mad!
Congratulations arty smile

artylady14 Thu 06-Mar-14 22:42:18

Thanks all ...but I am going to do another test tomorrow morning and see if it is definitely the case. FX for you all. x

gwenabee85 Fri 07-Mar-14 18:19:39

So did you test?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now