Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill & "proper" periods

(6 Posts)
EveryDaysAnAdventure Tue 04-Mar-14 23:47:37

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me why I need to wait for a "proper" period after my "pill period" before TTC.

Is this just to help date the pregnancy or is there another reason?

Thanks

ilovepowerhoop Wed 05-Mar-14 11:40:36

as far as I know it is so the pregnancy can be dated.

alizeeod Wed 05-Mar-14 12:01:08

Yes, so that it's easier for your doctor to know when you are due. I have just stopped taking the pill and waiting for my first "natural" period to come before I start conceiving. Good luck!

alizeeod Wed 05-Mar-14 12:04:57

Apparently, it's fine to start before though. It might just be trickier to know when your baby was conceived.

Noappointmentnecessary Wed 05-Mar-14 12:23:37

Hi this is what I'm doing - my last pill was in jan and I have had a 30 day cycle since then and now I am just waiting for 1 more until I start ttc. I wanted to wait because I was on the contraceptive jab prior to going on the pill and want to make sure that all the chemicals are out if my body. Good luck x

EveryDaysAnAdventure Wed 05-Mar-14 15:50:53

Thanks everyone.

I waited for a proper period the last time and was lucky enough to fall pregnant on my first cycle.

We have decided to try for number 2 and I'm considering just throwing away my pills and seeing what happens.

My sensible head will probably win though and I will likely wait for my first period before starting.

Good luck to both of you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now