Talk

Advanced search

Really Silly Question about Exercise the Day of Ovulation

(6 Posts)
missingwelliesinsd Tue 04-Mar-14 20:46:18

I apologise because this has to be the most ridiculous item to clog up the message board with ever, but I'm going to throw this out there in case anyone else might actually have an opinion.

I'm simultaneously TTC currently AND trying to get back into decent shape after a couple of lazy-arsed years. I'm trying to run for 30 minutes on the treadmill 3 times a week (only 3 weeks into this) and it's still brutally hard going. My dilemma is that I'm ovulating today (actually cramping slightly at this moment), DC and I just spent the last 4 days shagging in hopes of the magic happening this month (so tired of sex after the shagathon but that's another topic).

So, logically I imagine it will make no difference if I get on the treadmill today and run which as I mentioned is still very much an all-out exhausting experience but then an irrational part of me worries that killing myself exercising will negatively impact chances of conception, at least today. Has anyone ever had this dilemma?

Chloerose75 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:47:45

This has never crossed my mind as an issue and I thought I was over thinking ttc! I think you will be fine to go for a run. Good luck!

missingwelliesinsd Tue 04-Mar-14 21:05:26

Sorry, mean't DH not DC (DH's name begins with C so...).

m33r Tue 04-Mar-14 21:14:49

Hi miss. I've been trying for 15months. I hope it doesn't happen to you, but if it does, you'll be sorry you didn't exercise / drink coffee / have champagne / start a languages course / decorate the kitchen ... Whatever. Just try to live. I know it's hard!

I should add that I've tried everything - and if I haven't someone on here has - and am pretty sure it's all just chance that I've little swimmer will grab on you your egg and voila! Maybe if they grab on while you're exercising you're baby will be an athlete! Good luck and try not worry x

missingwelliesinsd Tue 04-Mar-14 21:38:38

Thanks guys, I guess I have this bizarre concern that because I'm out of shape currently, exercising will somehow put my body into survivor mode and therefore negatively impact conceiving chances.

Until today I would have said I have been very level-headed and relaxed about the whole TTC business. I realized I'm clearly beyond that now!

m33r Tue 04-Mar-14 21:57:35

miss I am level headed about everything except ttc! It's the lack of control and the lack of 'answers'; I suppose that's why I say be normal as for every post / person who says do something, there's another that says don't!

Great fun!?!?!!!

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now