Talk

Advanced search

Advice on BBT charting and OPK's

(3 Posts)
Becky2984 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:35:53

Hey there, newbie here, well I have been floating for a while but I am after some advice.

Have been TTC since November, came off the pill after several years. Periods came back pretty much straight away albeit slightly erratic. First month of charting BBT, am on CD17, peaked yesterday a good degree higher and still high today. Am assuming I ovulated but who knows being my first month charting however I also did 2 OPKs today and both were pretty strong positives. Does this mean I am about to ovulate even though the chart says otherwise? Anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any advise ladies.

blamber Tue 04-Mar-14 21:56:28

Your temperature needs to be at least 0.1 degree Celsius higher for three days, compared to the highest temperature you recorded in the 6 days before that, to pinpoint ovulation. You're trying to find a pattern, but you may have a couple of high or low temps that don't mean anything, for instance if you don't temp at the same time every day, or you have woken up during the night in the three hours before you temp. It can be hard to see that pattern the first time.

You wouldn't have a positive OPK after ovulation though, so maybe it has not happened yet. Keep taking your temperature, every morning at the same time, straight after you wake up and before you do anything else.

Becky2984 Wed 05-Mar-14 11:26:23

Thanks Blamber temp dropped again today (CD19) to similar as before the spike so assuming the spike was down to abnormal sleep. I am anticipating Ovulating in the next day due to the positive OPK however expected it to be slightly late this month as I had a rather long cycle - 40 days. I will keep temping etc until the end of the month, hoping to get confirmation that I am actually ovulating smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now