Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help please :(

(37 Posts)
ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 08:14:36

I've been getting lots of pregnancy type symptoms. I'm due for my period tomorrow, just taken a first response test and got a BFN sad do I need to just accept that this isn't our month or do you ladies think there still might be that little bit of hope that I could still get a BFP?

Writerwannabe83 Tue 04-Mar-14 08:16:36

I didn't get my FRER BFP until the afternoon of the day my period was due. Stay positive and good luck smile

Monkeybubbles1 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:22:25

You're still in the game until your period shows. The same happened to me this week with first response, but af is now 3 days late so waiting to test again tomorrow. Fingers crossed and good luck.

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:41:31

Thanks ladies.

monkeybubbles please keep in touch, would love to know how you get on.

My boobs are so so sore today! I'm hoping its just taking a little longer for HCG levels to rise and show a positive. Really don't want period to come.

ThoraNomiki Tue 04-Mar-14 10:35:30

You're not out until Af shows up! Sometimes it takes a while for tests to show positive. Annoyingly all women are different! It would be much easier if it was one rule for all.
What symptoms are you having?

Twinkletron Tue 04-Mar-14 10:38:47

Did you use the first urine of the day? This is very important as any urine after that will be more dilute (I do pregnancy testing as part of my job) in the early days it can take a few days after your period is due for it to appear positive at any part of the day. So I'd say test again tomorrow morning with first urine (if you're desperate to know) or wait 48 hrs x good luck x

fs2013 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:43:54

I have just been reading about preg tests, I have an OPK (ovulation predictor kit) which has 10m sensitivity pregnancy tests. (very early predictors) Apparently most early tests are 20-25m sensitivity and normal tests 50 or 100m. M stands for Milliliters-how much HCG hormone is in your body. First response is 100m so not as sensitive as some others x

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:45:36

Thora I've got stupidly sore boobs, I feel extremely nauseous and occasionally start urging like im going to be sick, exhausted.

Twinkle I did indeed use the first urine of the day. I was going to try and wait to test until weekend unless period arrives in the meantime.

These last 6 months have been so difficult, I really hope this month is our lucky time!

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:52:04

My boobs have become really veiny too

Cakecrumbsinmybra Tue 04-Mar-14 11:23:08

Veiny boobs are surely a dead giveaway??? Test again tomorrow morning.

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:26:11

The thing that confuses me is I'm due to come on period tomorrow and apparently first response are ultra early tests and are meant to work 6 days before period is due

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:31:09

Also forgot to say, don't know if it has any relevance but normally I am a complete savoury person and can only eat very small amounts of chocolate but the last week I've had major cravings for hot chocolates, chocolate bars, chocolate biscuits all at once.

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:47:19

Sunday and Monday I had two episodes of bloody discharge too, didn't know if that was possible implantation?

Twinkletron Tue 04-Mar-14 12:25:45

Even the first response early detection ones 'can' read 10 days before period due and not 'will' read. It is quite normal for there to be some level (<10hcg) in the urine of a non pregnant person. When I was pregnant I got a feint line (so feint even I, who looks at these every day! Could hardly see it and ummmmed and arred over whether there was a line or not) 2 days before my period was due. I tested the next day and......negative!! Day after positive!! (I used ultra sensitive tests from work! wink) so there is still a chance. And sore swollen boobage was my first symptom. That and my dog acting very weirdly around me!

Twinkletron Tue 04-Mar-14 12:27:30

You can buy test strips from eBay 10/20 for a couple of quid. They are the same ones that the hospital use so don't waste money on shop bought ones!! same with the ovulation (LH) strips smile

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 12:31:03

I have some eBay bought ones. They are also coming up negative. I only bought first response to see if I had a dodgy bulk (crazy I know)

I used eBay ones when had my first baby and I remember it was negative for days and then suddenly just come up positive but I can't remember when in my cycle it showed positive.

Monkeybubbles1 Tue 04-Mar-14 13:03:00

I found the ebay cheapies are rubbish and have read some really bad reviews on them. I used them alongside clearblue plus and clearblue digital during first pregnancy in January. Clearblue both came up strong positive and absolutely nothing on the ebay "Nhs" strips.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Tue 04-Mar-14 13:58:49

I imagine that each persons levels of hormone are different and rise at different rates. I know it is frustrating but try not to think about it too much until AF is actually late and test again.

ZoBo1234 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:27:38

This evening, boobs have become bigger and are stupidly veiny to the point they are bright blue and sticking out slightly. Mega hoping this is a sign that I'm gonna get my BFP in next few days!!

Missmc14 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:59:26

Hi I'm now 5 days late n also got negative. I tried first response have a different brand now but don't know if to take or just go doctors knowing something isn't right.... :/
Hope you get you BFP

Monkeybubbles1 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:35:31

I will be testing again tomorrow with FRER. I'm so impatient, was going to wait a bit longer but I really can't, I need to know!!

Missmc14 Wed 05-Mar-14 07:09:46

Still a negative for me.... Who knows what's going on with my body.... Sob sob

ZoBo1234 Wed 05-Mar-14 08:36:08

Good luck monkeybubbles hope you get your BFP

missmc I'm sorry to hear that, are you going to book a drs appt?

I'm always very impatient, did yet another eBay test this morning and it was negative. But still not giving up hope until period arrives. I'm only due on today so time yet!

Katnisscupcake Wed 05-Mar-14 08:47:40

Zobo and monkeybubbles, it might be that you OVd later (unless you know you didn't) because I ALWAYS OV on CD14-15 but this month, randomly, not until CD20!!!

Fx for you both.

ZoBo1234 Wed 05-Mar-14 08:52:28

katniss I must admit I'm not sure when I ovulated, we have just being doing the deed alot throughout the month so all possibilitys were covered. We have been trying for 6 months, I caught straight away with first baby. Had lots of tests and doctor said just gotta keep in trying as my lady bits are in full working order and there aren't any problems. This month is different to all the other months. I actually 'feel' pregnant this time and with all the symptoms, my boobs are the biggest indicator and feeling very nauseous alongside everything else I'm really hoping I get my BFP very soon. Is there a particular test you would recommend as have heard some are really rubbish?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now