Talk

Advanced search

OPK question

(3 Posts)
Gennz Tue 04-Mar-14 06:09:43

Hi all, just a quick question re the cheapie OPKs... I'm cycle 3 TTC1 and my cycles have been a bit weird since I got my copper coil removed in December (cycles went from 26 - 28 days up to 34 then back down to 24).

I'm on CD9 today (AF arrived 24 Feb) and yesterday on CD8 I got a reasonably strong line at about 6pm. It didn't look strong enough for the LH surge but it looked about halfway there andd I thought I'd probaby get a + today or tomorrow. I tested today at 6pm and there is nothing at all - not a skerrit of a line! Usually pre ovulation I get a faint line. Just wondering whether I O'd very early and missed getting a strong line? On a 24 day cycle it would be possible to O on CD8 I guess?

Thanks all

blamber Tue 04-Mar-14 11:42:19

It is possible in a short cycle to get the LH surge on day 8. You usually ovulate 12-48 hours after the surge (on average 32 hours later). If you're using cheap OPKs it's best to test 2-3 times a day, so if you can test during the afternoon too that would be better (although this may be difficult at work). The LH surge can happen rather quickly, and doesn't always start at the same time during the day every cycle, so you may have missed it.

Then again, if the line is not strong, but half-strong, it may not have indicated the beginning of an LH surge, especially if your body is still regulating its cycles. Therefore, you may not have ovulated yet. Do you look out for any other signs of OV? In the meantime, keep DTD 2-3 times a week.

Gennz Tue 04-Mar-14 22:10:33

Thanks blamber. I tested again this morning (CD 10) and there was medium-faint line again, & I've not had any EWCM so maybe I haven't missed it. I got a v strong line on CD14 last month. Trying not to be too militant this month and DTD every 2-3 days as you suggest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now