Talk

Advanced search

TTC at 41! Is there anyone else out there?

(6 Posts)
MelMc73 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:54:20

Hi everyone, I'm new to Mumsnet :-). I'm 41 and been married to my husband for almost 3 years - he will be 44 in May! We both have children from previous relationships and had decided we wouldn't bother with anymore......until 2 weeks ago when my husband broached the subject with me and we decided to go give it a go....exciting times! I was taking Cerazette up until around Xmas 2013...came off it (due to side effects) then had a withdrawal bleed within a few days. I then got what I think was AF on 20th January then it was another 41 days before the next one. I've read up a bit on ovulation tests and wondered if these are worthwhile trying particularly since my cycle is not back to normal...or any other methods anyone can recommend - although I don't really want to become obsessed! Thanks, Mel x

Inshock73 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:27:02

Hi Mel and welcome to Mumsnet. You're certainly not alone and there's a couple of friendly and supportive threads already on the go for women like us smile

There's the 'Old birds wanna join the coop' thread for the ttc and over 35's (over 40 on there too) and the 'Fab forty plus where are the BFP's' for the over 40 but certainly not over the hill. Both threads are full of lovely people and worth joining.

MelMc73 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:50:12

Thanks....will take a look!

jacques1972 Mon 03-Mar-14 15:00:43

Hello!

I am 41 and January was my first month of trying to conceive our first baby - I am now on the two week wait!!! Casually used a weeks worth of Ovulation predictor kits but never got a positive. Think I ovulated earlier as have just realized my cycle is every 26 days and no longer 28 days long !!!! My partner has three children from a previous marriage and I am longing to have my first. If I took notice of all the articles I have read I shouldn't even bother trying due to my age. Good luck :-) x

MelMc73 Mon 03-Mar-14 15:36:56

I know what you mean! It's gloomy reading...all we can do is try though. I've no idea if I have ovulated or not. Might get some cheapo tests from amazon and see if they work! Good luck x

Fergie11 Tue 04-Mar-14 14:03:01

Hi Mel I'm 40 turning 41 in June with my dh 42 turning 43 this year. I too have a 26 day cycle and I got our bfp this weekend, so please dont give up hope xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now