Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! 14 week old baby and think I might be pregnant..

(10 Posts)
Happymum1985 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:40:42

Hi,

Just needed to get this out there because I'm driving myself a bit crazy!! I have just had my first baby (by c-section) and he is now 14 weeks old. I havent had a period yet and have no idea if I have ovulated or not.

I am EBF and am also on Cerelle the mini pill... buuut, I think I might be pregnant again. I found out yesterday after much googling, that the mini pill I am on is only effective if taken in a 2 hour window.. and with a newborn, I know I have definitely NOT managed to do this.

My breasts are quite sore at the sides, but this could just be breastfeeding. The first thing I noticed that alerted me, was that I am needing to wee really frequently. I've started getting up at least twice in the night to wee. Its not painful, so don't think its because of a UTI.

Yesterday me and my OH had sex, and afterwards he noticed I was bleeding a little bit. I thought it might be the start of my period, but I think it is too early for this, and also I only had a tiny amount of blood yesterday and now nothing. I'm now worried this is implantation...

Is it possible I am pregnant, or is this v unlikely considering I am BF and not had a period yet? I don't want to go and splash out on a test if I am just being paranoid!

Thanks in advance for your input!!!

Chopsypie Mon 03-Mar-14 12:54:41

Go to b&m or home bargains and buy their cheapy tests. 3 for £1. Then you can keep a stock in.

It's the only way you'll know for sure

AntiDistinctlyMinty Mon 03-Mar-14 12:58:04

Go for a bulk load of cheap tests. I've got about six in the cupboard at the moment as I keep panicking about being pregnant again (DS2 is 6m). If nothing else, it can put your mind at ease!

Ginformation Mon 03-Mar-14 13:01:09

Defo do a test to be sure.

However, with cerelle/cerazette you have a 12 hour window to take it. 2hr window refers to older progesterone pills such as noriday.

FabBakerGirl Mon 03-Mar-14 13:01:42

I have a spare test if you are near me.

Happymum1985 Mon 03-Mar-14 13:08:02

Thanks all, you're right.. I'm just going to get a batch of tests to put my mind at rest!!

SunnyRandall Sat 08-Mar-14 08:10:59

Any news op? Have you tested?

Happymum1985 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:24:44

Yes! Took

Happymum1985 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:25:10

Yea!! Took three tests and all neg!!! Phew!!!!! xxx

SunnyRandall Sat 08-Mar-14 13:45:44

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now