Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Help! 14 week old baby and think I might be pregnant..

(10 Posts)
Happymum1985 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:40:42

Hi,

Just needed to get this out there because I'm driving myself a bit crazy!! I have just had my first baby (by c-section) and he is now 14 weeks old. I havent had a period yet and have no idea if I have ovulated or not.

I am EBF and am also on Cerelle the mini pill... buuut, I think I might be pregnant again. I found out yesterday after much googling, that the mini pill I am on is only effective if taken in a 2 hour window.. and with a newborn, I know I have definitely NOT managed to do this.

My breasts are quite sore at the sides, but this could just be breastfeeding. The first thing I noticed that alerted me, was that I am needing to wee really frequently. I've started getting up at least twice in the night to wee. Its not painful, so don't think its because of a UTI.

Yesterday me and my OH had sex, and afterwards he noticed I was bleeding a little bit. I thought it might be the start of my period, but I think it is too early for this, and also I only had a tiny amount of blood yesterday and now nothing. I'm now worried this is implantation...

Is it possible I am pregnant, or is this v unlikely considering I am BF and not had a period yet? I don't want to go and splash out on a test if I am just being paranoid!

Thanks in advance for your input!!!

Chopsypie Mon 03-Mar-14 12:54:41

Go to b&m or home bargains and buy their cheapy tests. 3 for £1. Then you can keep a stock in.

It's the only way you'll know for sure

AntiDistinctlyMinty Mon 03-Mar-14 12:58:04

Go for a bulk load of cheap tests. I've got about six in the cupboard at the moment as I keep panicking about being pregnant again (DS2 is 6m). If nothing else, it can put your mind at ease!

Ginformation Mon 03-Mar-14 13:01:09

Defo do a test to be sure.

However, with cerelle/cerazette you have a 12 hour window to take it. 2hr window refers to older progesterone pills such as noriday.

FabBakerGirl Mon 03-Mar-14 13:01:42

I have a spare test if you are near me.

Happymum1985 Mon 03-Mar-14 13:08:02

Thanks all, you're right.. I'm just going to get a batch of tests to put my mind at rest!!

SunnyRandall Sat 08-Mar-14 08:10:59

Any news op? Have you tested?

Happymum1985 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:24:44

Yes! Took

Happymum1985 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:25:10

Yea!! Took three tests and all neg!!! Phew!!!!! xxx

SunnyRandall Sat 08-Mar-14 13:45:44

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: