Talk

Advanced search

help me get a new plan to get up duffed!

(12 Posts)
babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 10:19:54

TTC 17 months now, got af on sat. We usually DTD after af has finished and I think I o CD 12/13 and have pretty regular cycles.started using opks in sept 13 to get a better idea when I was ovulating and its always same time every month. Anyone have some advice or thoughts?

babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 12:40:41

Bump

bellaboo88 Mon 03-Mar-14 15:50:52

Come & join march bus, were a friendly lot! Fasten your seatbelt though, it moves fast. From here i understand you can go to docs & ask for investigations after a year? X

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 03-Mar-14 16:16:41

I would seek medical advice asap if you have not already done so. There could well be a physical problem with either one or equally both of you currently preventing conception. Both of you need to be tested further and you need a diagnosis first and foremost.

OPKs can be beset with problems at the best of times, they are not completely infallible.

Do not leave this to chance any longer.

babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 16:27:05

Thanks bellaboo and Attila.I will come and join! Unfortunately dh doesn't want us going to docs as he doesn't see that there could be any problems. We had a discussion about this not that long ago about ttc. Very selfish on his part I know.

I keep feeling I'm missing something in this game but not sure what. Not DTD enough,not a good enough diet or pre conception vitamins, or just switching off completely and getting rid of opks apps etc..

PosyFossilsShoes Mon 03-Mar-14 16:50:39

This is completely anecdata with no science behind it at all, but when I went for IUI (which makes it all the more important to get egg & sperm in the same place at the same time, cos you can't just keep DTD for a week!) I was told that acupuncture on the day of the IUI has an improved success rate. The first two goes didn't work - the third I had acupuncture and found out yesterday it was successful.

So I am now officially an acupuncture convert, with the caveat that it is probably coincidence.

Are you using the OPKs from early in your cycle to late-ish? I was surprised by how early I ov'd. Also, many people swear by the grapefruit juice.

I would go to the dr though - what would DH think if you went by yourself to rule out any problems your end?

babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 18:03:54

Wow congrats! My cycle are regular 25-27 days and using opks from cd8 through to after my symptoms stop but not all the way through. Everything indicates that I ovulate round about the same time evey month. Before I started using opks we just DTD whenever and not at any particular time of the month and I felt we weren't getting anywhere.

babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 18:23:58

I'm not sure tbh what he would say if I went myself to the docs but it would be a start.

gwenabee85 Mon 03-Mar-14 20:19:40

Hi babyrose sorry to hear you're having trouble. If you're sure you're ovulating and it's been this long isn't it probable it's a problem with your dh? Why won't he go to docs? :/

babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 20:38:35

Hi Gwen, I only really started using opks sept and focusing more on those days making that 6months of ttc and the rest of that time was just whenever.

He just says that there is nothing wrong with either of us.

My plan I think for this month is DTD everyday and use conceive plus..

babyrose Tue 04-Mar-14 20:11:57

Bump

woodwaj Tue 04-Mar-14 21:56:24

Have you thought about going to the docs on your own? I had my tests first dp wasnt expecting to go with me. Although they will prob recommend a sperm analysis whilst you have bloods done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now