Talk

Advanced search

How long after AF is due do you POAS?

(15 Posts)
ohfourfoxache Sun 02-Mar-14 22:04:14

Just that, really.

I'm fat and have slightly irregular cycles. The last few have been 28 days but I'm now on day 30.

I don't want to get my hopes up, my head says I'm not and in my heart of hearts I don't think I can be. But how long do I leave it? I don't want to POAS and get a bfn as I'll just get upset, I'd rather wait for AF to arrive as that will just seem "normal" iyswim.

Any advice?

ReginaFelange22 Sun 02-Mar-14 23:12:08

I waited until I was a week late. Got 3 +s but then bled within a couple of days. Either miscarried or was a chemical. If you're over then POAS as soon as you want or as long as you can wait. I know next time I'll wait longer.

ohfourfoxache Sun 02-Mar-14 23:37:34

I'm sorry to hear that Regina sad thanks

Fucking hell I don't know if I can wait a week. I'm alternating between thinking, nah, just wait cos it's just going to be a bfn anyway, and shit I've got to know NOW!

I have got to stop over thinking this. I know that I will wake up in the morning, AF will arrive and I will have wasted a good nights sleep when I have a really dreadful week coming up confused

ReginaFelange22 Sun 02-Mar-14 23:43:40

It's hard but I waited so long due to my OH being away and didn't want bro POAS without him lol!

Onwards and upwards for us, I feel the less I stress, the more likely it will happen. Hopefully lol!

You'll be fine either way, I love the saying "what's for you, won't go by you"

ohfourfoxache Sun 02-Mar-14 23:56:58

That's a lovely way of putting it!

It's so weird, we've not used contraception for over 2 years, not particularly stressed as we've only really been "trying" for the last 6 months or so, and I've been very "what will be will be" about it. But now I'm monumentally stressed! Wtaf is that all about? confused

How long have you been trying for?

cookielove Mon 03-Mar-14 07:32:44

I tested on the day my period was due after ttc for 6 months, was a real shocker when it came up positive. Lost the baby at 8+6 found out at 12 week scan.

2nd pregnancy decided to test randomly 3 days early faintest positive ever (I think it's on my profile) tested the next day clearer postitive. Yay!

Had a scan at 7weeks all fine, now waiting for my 12 week scan

bellaboo88 Mon 03-Mar-14 09:25:48

My cycles post pill have been 28/32/& think I'm permanently 32 due to late ovulation cd19.... When did you ov?

I used to be a poas-aholic but now on to save disappointment I only have 1 test to be used when I'm sure....too many chemicals early on here & if I can avoid heartache I will. Try 'count down to pregnancy' when to test website (dry don't have link!) X

ohfourfoxache Mon 03-Mar-14 10:07:14

Oh cookie that's brilliant!

Absolutely no idea when or even if I ovulated - I've not been taking is seriously AT ALL. No OPKs, no charting, no temperatures etc. which I think is probably why I'm so surprised at being stressed now.

ohfourfoxache Mon 03-Mar-14 18:07:50

Bfn.

Why did I even bother getting my fucking hopes up sad

cookielove Mon 03-Mar-14 18:17:25

What kind of test are you using?

cookielove Mon 03-Mar-14 18:17:37

And fmu?

ohfourfoxache Mon 03-Mar-14 18:19:25

Just a bog standard boots PT. What's FMU?

babyrose Mon 03-Mar-14 18:34:43

First pee of the day.

ohfourfoxache Mon 03-Mar-14 18:43:25

Oh blush

No, tested just now. I know I'm not, the cramps have started already.

I might test again next week if nothing happens.

I can't believe how down I feel about it! What the actual fuck is wrong with me? I've specifically not thought about it, not used OPKs or temped or anything. Maybe I should?

On the plus side, I will be able to drink at my sister's hen do!

cookielove Mon 03-Mar-14 19:16:08

It does feel shitty and sad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now