Talk

Advanced search

Worrying- acne breakout during ovulation

(5 Posts)
Sleepyhoglet Sun 02-Mar-14 20:37:34

I've noticed that I get spots on my chin during my fertile window. Could this be a symptom of pcos? I've just taken it for granted that I'll be able to conceive but this is concerning me. Is it normal or something else? Please reply!!

Sleepyhoglet Sun 02-Mar-14 20:41:22

I have used those ovulation test strips and they indicate I should be ovulating but no idea if I actually am due to this acne.

woodwaj Sun 02-Mar-14 20:42:08

I would say its more to do with your hormone levels because of the time of your cycle unless you have any other symptoms?

bellaboo88 Mon 03-Mar-14 09:20:52

Hey, I've got a chin/neck full too....i was the same pre pill...I think its hormones, my body's hormones are doing what they want now & to me I feel like its working.

Pcos is very irregular AF. My best friend didn't know she had started her periods till 16 as she didn't get anything much to show for it x

Cakecrumbsinmybra Mon 03-Mar-14 10:35:40

I get this every month, have done for years and years, and as far as I know I do not have pcos. Although I am struggling to conceive DC3, I have 2 other DC who were conceived quickly, I generally have regular periods. Acne is totally hormonal for me. Hormones have a really powerful affect on the body - when I had gallstones, I worked out that an attack would occur mid-cycle (did some reading and the oestrogen makes your gallbladder sluggish!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now