Talk

Advanced search

Helpppppp

(5 Posts)
Missmc14 Sun 02-Mar-14 13:47:47

I'm 2 days late now but negative on a test!!
Using first response no pains or nothing to say it's coming but dunno what to do now!
Should you only test 1st thing on a morning??

Harry2007 Sun 02-Mar-14 13:53:51

Were you keeping track of ovulation Miss? Just wondering whether there's a possibility that you ovulated later this cycle, thereby delaying a potential positive result?

Missmc14 Sun 02-Mar-14 14:02:52

No haven't tracked worked out each month an estimate was gonna start using sticks from this month to track worked out around 15th/16th??
Would that be late or?
When would you advise testing again?
This is 1st time TTC so unsure best ways around all this didn't wanna become obsessive too early on

Harry2007 Sun 02-Mar-14 14:20:45

So af starts around 14 days after ovulation, give or take, and this 14 days is your luteal phase. I've been known to ovulate as late as cycle day 19, which then meant that af didn't show until day 33. Unless you keep track of ovulation, it can be quite difficult to pinpoint when af is late. If you're one of the lucky ones with a very regular cycle though, it makes it less of a guessing game!

Going on a textbook cycle of 28 days with ovulation on day 14, if your last af started on the 1/2, you'd have ovulated on 15/3 and af would have arrived on 1/3.

I use a Clearblue fertility monitor...takes out all the guesswork! grin

Missmc14 Sun 02-Mar-14 14:28:21

Will do thanks for your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now