Talk

Advanced search

Periods after coil removal

(6 Posts)
Ajords1 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:14:22

Hi all

I had my mirena could removed in September and periods have come back to normal. My question is about period pain. Before I went on the pill and later the coil I used to have terrible period pain - no there is little or no pain. I am ovulating according to tests and mid cycle pain. Is it possible to 'grow out' of period pain?

Thanks for any replies.

TTC #1

Ajords1 Sun 02-Mar-14 21:38:05

Bump

ladydolly Mon 03-Mar-14 09:03:21

I don't know if this helps at all as my circumstances are slightly different. Had the mirena out in November after 14 years using it. Before I had it I was crippled with pain and 8 day periods.

November I bled and spotted all month pain free, December I had a chemical pregnancy followed by a very painful period but only 5 days and far less painful than when I was younger. January I didn't ovulate but had a much less painful period and this month, BFP.

So I'd say yes, your periods can change even if it's not 'growing out'.

Good luck!

Ajords1 Tue 04-Mar-14 08:37:04

Thanks for the reply and massive congrats on your BFP!! When are you due?

I was just worried that I should be having more painful periods like before and the fact that I'm not is a bad sign........

This TTC is a bit of a head wreck at times!!!

Ajords1 Tue 04-Mar-14 08:37:14

Thanks for the reply and massive congrats on your BFP!! When are you due?

I was just worried that I should be having more painful periods like before and the fact that I'm not is a bad sign........

This TTC is a bit of a head wreck at times!!!

ladydolly Wed 05-Mar-14 11:36:51

It's still very early, I'm only 4+2 so would be around 10th November.

No definitely not, I wonder if your body gets 'used' to having lighter ones?

You're right, when ttc you overthink EVERYTHING don't you? I was convinced I was going to be infertile just because my aunt was and people say I'm like her - crazy really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now