Talk

Advanced search

Had my mirena coil removed 3 weeks ago and ttc

(3 Posts)
toothachereturns Sat 01-Mar-14 22:19:41

Im very excited to be back on mumsnet after 10 yrs!
I remarried last year and my hubby had a (successful according to the clinic) vasectomy reversal. I had my mirena coil removed 3 weeks ago and am looking for some real life stories of how quickly people conceived afterwards?
My ds is 12 and dd is 9. They were both conceived verrrry easily but I was 22 anf 25. Now I'm older and being realistic about the fact it might not happen quite so fast!

Writerwannabe83 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:07:03

I had a Mirena for just under 2.5 years and continued to have regular periods whilst on it which I was told was a positive in terms of conceiving quickly as it indicated my ovulation hadn't been affect by the Mirena hormones.

I had it out for the purpose of TTC and got my BFP in less than 6 weeks smile

toothachereturns Sun 02-Mar-14 09:17:10

Thankyou smile. I had mine for 6 yrs with no periods at all but I used an ovulation test to get an idea of what my cycle is now and according to that I was ovulating at the end of last week. So if I havent conceived this time around at least I have an idea of my cycle. Gawd I dont remember being this stressed out with my first 2!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now