Talk

Advanced search

Preseed question - do you use it all month?

(7 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Fri 28-Feb-14 08:40:45

Hi

I'm not much of a poster on these boards, but have been trying now to conceive number 2 for many months. Have finally booked in to the gp (am 36 and getting worried). I've read a bit about preseed, and thought it worth a try.

My question is are you meant to use it all month, or just in the days leading up to ovulation when there is no ewcm? I usually have alot of ewcm just before and during ovulation, so my thinking was to start using it as soon as AF is over and dtd every other day until my natural ewcm starts. But not to use it while I have my own ewcm if that makes sense? Is that the 'right' way to use the product?

Would love to hear success stories of anyone who has used preseed and how often you used it to get a bfp!

Thanks for your help.

OwlinaTree Fri 28-Feb-14 15:20:06

Well, I assume you just use it when you need to use lube. So if you've got a lot of natural lube going on you won't need it. We used it in place of 'normal' lube as we were struggling to conceive, but couldn't really give you details about when in the cycle, just when it was needed.

moggle Fri 28-Feb-14 15:53:02

I think it's meant to be used if you don't have much cm, so it doesn't sound like it will do that much for you, but if you want to use a lube before ov when you don't have as much, then it can't hurt. We tried it cos I didn't have much ewcm, but DH didn't like the feel and I agreed, it wasn't as good as the stuff we occasionally used pre-TTC

m33r Fri 28-Feb-14 19:01:50

cake I thought it also balanced ph levels and made you more friendly... That's why I use it. I've used it for three months and am on month 15 with nothing. Good luck x

m33r Fri 28-Feb-14 19:02:41

Sorry so in direct answer I only use it around ov time mostly because it's flippin' expensive!

Tea1Sugar Fri 28-Feb-14 19:33:52

I used preseed on cycle 2 when ttc no 2. It worked :D. We only used it when I was ovulating and didn't use the applicator, more just like regular lube. I'm now nearly 33 weeks. Good luck!

CakeInMyFace Fri 28-Feb-14 19:36:28

Thanks for the replies v helpful. I've ordered some and hoping for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now