Talk

Advanced search

How reliable are OPKs at predicting a BFP?

(8 Posts)
neeps1207 Thu 27-Feb-14 11:21:20

Hi lovely ladies,
So I am only 1 day late, and decided to use one of my cheap OPK's that I gave up using last year as they whole TTC thing was stressing me out. It is definitely showing a positive result. Does this mean a BFP???? How reliable are they? I'm not going to be able to get a proper pregnancy test until later today and won't use it till tomorrow morning, so I'm just being impatient. We have been TTC DC2 for the past 18 months so I can't quite believe it . . . Thanks smile

babyrose Thu 27-Feb-14 16:41:08

Ive heard mixed opinions on this but someone posted recently saying that a + opk and used a hot and that was also + so maybe.

I tried it couple of days ago a there was something and then yesterday a slight more visible but I'm not sure what to think about it.

babyrose Thu 27-Feb-14 16:41:31

A hpt not hot sorry!

cookielove Thu 27-Feb-14 21:28:46

I have used opk's after I have used a hpt, just cause I like to see the line and it does confirm pregnancy but I would wait till you get a real pregnancy test before getting to excited!

Good luck and let us know smile

neeps1207 Fri 28-Feb-14 04:16:24

Thanks ladies. I managed to get out to get the pregnancy test yesterday and I tested this morning . . . BFP!!! It doesn't feel real as we've been trying for so long. Hope you all get your BFP soon x

cookielove Fri 28-Feb-14 08:38:47

Congratulations smile

babyrose Fri 28-Feb-14 08:41:40

Congratulations!

Tranquilitybaby Sun 02-Mar-14 07:57:56

Aww that's great, congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now