Talk

Advanced search

BBT & ovulation question

(15 Posts)
Shoegal30 Thu 27-Feb-14 06:51:14

I have been temping for the past few months and use Fertility Friend.

This month FF has put me down as ovulating on Monday (day 11). I'm not sure as I have never ovulated that early before but this is my first month using Clomid.

Anyway my q is this. My DH has been away all week and we haven't had a chance to DTD until he got back which was on Monday evening.

If FF has plotted me ovulating on Monday - does it mean that I had already ovulated so by the time me and DH DTD Monday evening - it was useless as I had already ovulated?

When the chart marks ovulation - does it mean you have already ovulated or you will ovulate on that day?

my CBfM had recorded Monday as a high and Tueaday as peak.

Shoegal30 Thu 27-Feb-14 13:50:16

Bump

woodwaj Thu 27-Feb-14 22:09:42

Hi shoegal. I would just take ff as advice rather than set in stone but I did also ovulate early on clomid around day 10 some months! Good luck!

Shoegal30 Fri 28-Feb-14 06:59:25

Thanks Wood.

I still don't understand that if the calendar has my ovulation down as Monday - does that mean I had already ovulated when I took my temp Monday morning or that I would ovulate some point on Monday?

Thoughts?

woodwaj Fri 28-Feb-14 07:37:40

If your charting temps I believe you have ovulated once you have had your temp increase. I have only started temping this week but the idea is it takes a few months then you should be able to guess in future when you expect your peak to be. If your putting your temps in FF its prob right

Shoegal30 Fri 28-Feb-14 07:52:38

So I took cbfm mon morning and it showed a high and I had taken my temp 5 min earlier.

On tue I took my temp and it was higher and cbfm showed a peak.

And yesterday ff marked Monday as ovulation so I don't understand if on Monday I had already ovulated when I took my temp Monday morning or if I ovulated at some point between Monday morning and Tuesday morning when I took my temp and monitor again???

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 28-Feb-14 07:57:50

FF is preceding you ovulated on Monday. There is no way of knowing of whether this was morning or evening. However you can still get pregnant from sex after ovulation, so if you did O on Monday then sex Monday night still gives you a chance.
As another poster said, it is normal for ovulation days to change when on clomid

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 28-Feb-14 07:58:04

Predicting

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 28-Feb-14 07:58:39

Can you link to your chart?

Shoegal30 Fri 28-Feb-14 08:32:49

Does this work?

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/494319/

Shoegal30 Fri 28-Feb-14 22:15:37

Bump

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 28-Feb-14 23:21:27

I'd be inclined to think its more likely you O'd on CD12. I think the pre O temps are a little erratic for FF to make an accurate prediction, and so your CBFM readings are more likely to be closer to the truth. Also ovulating on CD11 seems a little too soon after the last dose of clomid to sit comfortably. But that is just my opinion
Good luck for this cycle, and if its not your month I would use your first high indication on the CBFM next month to be jumping on your OH grin

clairewright32 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:05:38

Hi I was told of a gp that you usually have a 48 hour window once ovulated. I use the sticks it's my first month of trying hope this helps and good luck x

Shoegal30 Sun 02-Mar-14 10:19:11

Thanks guys. I'm not confident of my temping skills as I tend to have a fairly broken sleep. We continued to DTD all week any way so fingers crossed.

Good luck to you too x

woodwaj Sun 02-Mar-14 14:46:12

I think your supposed to do them first thing with at least 3 hours of sleep and around the same time of the day if possible. Its a pain isnt it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now