Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bad idea to TTC whilst under huge amount of stress?

(5 Posts)
Tranquilitybaby Wed 26-Feb-14 22:59:18

My mum has recently been diagnosed with a heart condition and I'm under a huge amount of stress worrying about her and also having to possibly be tested myself months down the line.

We were going to start trying this month and now I feel like we can't, it's not the right time & my anxiety has resurfaced with avenge. I'm so gutted but I can't help but think it wouldn't be a good idea right now.

I'm so sad and disappointed. :0(

naty1 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:58:21

Thats difficult.
My parents were about 70 when they had 1st grandchild. Mum had had a heart attack at 60 or so and we had had fertility issues.
It may be best to wait though if there is a chance you may need testing or treatment soon as pg puts lots of stress on your body normally.
But it would also depend on age and how long it might take to resolve this stress. You dont want to move your stress onto ttc instead.

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Thu 27-Feb-14 16:22:36

I would find out more on the likelihood of you having the condition as pregnancy is really tough. You can still take your vitamins and prepare for pregnancy for a few months, so you feel like your doing something proactive?
Hope your Mum is ok, I think Ttc and 2ww are stressful enough on their own and stress can cause havoc with your cycle smile good luck either way

Tranquilitybaby Sun 02-Mar-14 07:53:30

Thank you both of you, really appreciate the replies as I had to share with someone what I'm going through.

I'm 36 and we really wanted to TTC as soon as possible but I've got to be sensible and find out about being tested first. I'm going to see my gp next week to find out more.

Thank you for listening xx

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Sun 02-Mar-14 10:35:51

How is your Mum?
Seeing GP is a great place to start. You may be surprised at how soon things are cleared up and you can start trying.
Just make sure you are looking after yourself as you do have a lot going on. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now