Talk

Advanced search

Balls! Think I've screwed up using Clearblue Digi Ovulation test!!

(5 Posts)
ScoobyDooWhereAreYou Wed 26-Feb-14 22:56:22

So I was in a bit of a flap... I'm mid cycle now, day 13 of a boggo standard 28 day cycle. In my mind I should be ovulating about now. DH has been away all week, back tomorrow - bingo day 14 and all that!

Been ttc officially for 3 months and not being careful for much longer so it's starting to become a 'thing' now, so I went out today and bought a 10 test kit, half read the instructions and peed on the stick. Doh! I then read the instructions properly and think I've just thrown £25 down the loo - have I?

According to the instructions I should have done my first test on day 8 which i obviously didn't. Can I just forget about the tests for now and start again with the remaining 9 tests on day 8 of my next cycle or will today's attempt have skewed the whole thing?

I didn't really understand the test before buying, I just thought it would tell me yay or nay to whatever day I tested on.

I'm so cross with myself! Can anyone put me out of my misery? :-(

babyrose Thu 27-Feb-14 07:08:40

Hi. It's ok to wait til next month as the reader part knows if u haven't used it after 3days it clears its self.

After a while of using them you will get to know which days to use them on.

woodwaj Thu 27-Feb-14 07:38:36

Personally I wouldn't use them that early in my cycle I go for day 10/11 as I know I will ov after that and save money on tests I think thats clearblues way of making sure you use them all and have to spend another 25 quid.

Inshock73 Thu 27-Feb-14 08:04:59

Hi Scooby - If your use the test as instructed you need to start testing a few days before you expect to be in your fertile window to allow time for the test to register your hormones rising and the peaking. The test resets itself each month so you're starting 'afresh'. I have a 27/28 day cycle and usually start testing day 9/10 to avoid using too many sticks each month.

ScoobyDooWhereAreYou Thu 27-Feb-14 13:26:01

Oh that's a relief that it resets itself, thank you. Will try again next week. Thanks for your help everyone xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now