Talk

Advanced search

TTC fertility monitors

(3 Posts)
TTCLouise Wed 26-Feb-14 21:08:06

Hi, new to this. I am getting Implanon removed next week and want to track my ovulation for the next few months. My problem is my periods have always been very irregular 50/60/70 days apart - before Implanon. I have tried to Google fertility monitors but I see they don't work if periods are longer than 40 odd days. Has anyone else this problem and how did you monitor your fertility?

Rockchick1984 Wed 26-Feb-14 23:45:35

I would get cheap OPK's - something like these are perfect, and a basal body thermometer, and track via an app where you can input your cycle details.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 27-Feb-14 06:51:57

If your periods are between 50-70 days long and stay this way, it is likely you are not ovulating regularly if at all. It is no point at all either using OPKs or temp charting in such circumstances.

You need a diagnosis first and foremost.

The best thing going forward is to talk to your GP and have blood tests done to determine whether there are any hormonal imbalances. You need a day 2 test to start with to see what your LH and FSH levels are like. If LH and FSH levels are awry then ovulation will be affected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now