Talk

Advanced search

Shock whilst TTC & now worried

(3 Posts)
LookAtMeImJennyDee Wed 26-Feb-14 21:07:57

Okay so have just started trying to conceive - began ovulating on the 21st which is when I last had sex and on the 25th I tried to change a light bulb and had a slight electric shock, a blue light came out of the socket and in my fear I jumped off the chair I was standing on. Not entirely sure if I experienced a slight electric shock or if it was the shock of tripping all the lights in my flat but my heart was pounding.

I've read online about shock causing miscarriages but can't find anything about shock possibly interfering with implantation etc hence why I'm panicky!! It upset me and I spoke to a friend of mine who's a GP who said a real shock warrants actual harm being done to your body but before I had a fright I had ovulation pains and afterwards the pains went completely. He said he's not sure why that would have happened.

What if I ruined it for myself? Am feeling really worried and down heartened.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Feb-14 13:11:21

I know its difficult but try not to focus on this. Try to plan a couple of nice nights out with your DH instead smile

moggle Thu 27-Feb-14 13:16:51

I really don't think that either a minor electric shock or a shock that gets your adrenaline going for a bit is going to have any effect on implantation, don't worry. People go through far worse things and manage to get / stay pregnant. Most people don't get pregnant the first month trying so if you don't, it'll be down to chance, not this.
Try to relax a bit, i know this is easier said than done but if you are worrying like this already in the first month of TTC you are going to be a wreck before long, as there are so many other potentially worrying things out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now