Talk

Advanced search

Two day period and pregnancy symptoms

(8 Posts)
Rlkeating93 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:16:18

hello
Need some help and advice, I'm normally very regular about the 19th-20th of every month and usually very heavy periods that last 5-7 days, however on Saturday I thought AF had arrived, had horrific cramp all day and slight brown/pink blood until Monday when everything stopped.

I thought this unusual but put it to back of my mind but keep having mild cramp and twinges, been feeling dizzy and light headed, random boughts of intense nausea were I have had to run to the toilet and then it had stopped and today I've had a very sore back at the bottom of my spine and I never have issues with back pain.
I have taken a pregnancy test tonight but it has come back negative, has anyone else experienced this ? Don't know what to do as I am only 20 and if I am pregnant the baby is not planned so all advice and people's own experiences would be a huge help !
smile blush

woodwaj Wed 26-Feb-14 19:47:56

Hi rl. Try testing again tomorrow morning with your first pee of the day. What test did you use?

woodwaj Wed 26-Feb-14 19:48:06

Hi rl. Try testing again tomorrow morning with your first pee of the day. What test did you use?

espa Wed 26-Feb-14 19:51:55

Yes, I had this in Jan. Came 4-5 days earlier than normal. Next period was 1 week late. Was convinced, especially in the early days, that I was pregnant as symptoms were very similar. But had negative tests and had period now.

Sorry it's probably not much help but I'd try again in a few days to check.x

Rlkeating93 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:15:17

Hi woodwaj I used a boots own brand one I did the test twice but think it might be too early ? My friend had the same thing happen to her a few months ago so I'm rather stressed ! confused

woodwaj Wed 26-Feb-14 20:26:38

Sometimes your cycles randomly change as a one off I think. Im not sure how sensitive the boots ones are. I wouldnt bother with clearblue I dont think they are very sensitive

Rlkeating93 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:00:44

Woodwaj just worked out it was 37 days ago since my last period, would you class the brown/ pink blood that lasted 2 days as a period ? Or would you say I am late ? All of this working out dates etc is too confusing ! confused hmm

woodwaj Wed 26-Feb-14 21:40:07

It could be implantation bleeding I suppose it depends when it was though. Id expect that to be before your period was due. Im no expert though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now