Talk

Advanced search

I did something really stupid today

(12 Posts)
Tutti Mon 24-Feb-14 20:35:45

I bought a cot (blush)

Because it was brand new and with a mattress .. And exactly the one I had been looking at before I miscarried .... From a freind who has never used it .... (Well aquantance)

I figured (at the time it was not really bad luck cos it was not new ..(from a shop)

My dh was like hmmhmm but now he is .. Well if it keeps u happy ...

I know it was stupid ... But it was just such a good price.....

(I felt vv happy carrying thru my door)

You can all virtual slap me

BikeRunSki Mon 24-Feb-14 20:38:37

Maybe it's a good omen? That someone you knew was sellif exactly the one you were looking at.

Tutti Mon 24-Feb-14 20:43:05

Yeah that's what I am kind if hoping .. On 2ww first cycle after miscarriage ... But i just thought wow .. Will get it and put it by .. It was bargainous...,

But now .. I feel a bit silly ...

EmilyPinkOrBlue Mon 24-Feb-14 20:43:11

i don't think you should feel silly at all! we were at the tip the other day and saw someone chucking away a perfectly lovely moses basket i thought about asking them if i could take it but felt a bit silly! but its just sad that they couldn't find an expectant mother to give it to. i see baby things on the local Facebook selling websites and think thats a bargain and think about getting it but don't quite have the guts yet! well done on getting a bargain smile hope you get to fill it soon smile

MyBalletShoes Mon 24-Feb-14 20:44:22

Good things and bad things won't happen to you because you bought a cot. What's going to be is going to be. Enjoy the bargain of your new cot (but perhaps put it in the loft or a corner of a room for now!) wink

Tutti Mon 24-Feb-14 20:56:02

Yes it's gone straight in the loft

But it was a financial practical decision rather than emotive

It's just now I feel a bit daft .. But I still think it was a good idea ... I just hope I will have a baby to fill it sooner rather than later

And dh has been assured I will not buy anything elsesmile

Treaclepie19 Mon 24-Feb-14 21:39:02

Dont be silly! I've talked DH into going and looking at pushchairs before getting pg!

bellaboo88 Mon 24-Feb-14 22:42:56

I've bought a few bits even clothes...ive got some really good bargains & all up in loft....nothing wrong with it. I think its only in case it doesn't happen...don't feel bad...you've got the cot, just need a bubba to put in it :-)

IAmNotAPrincessIAmAKahleesi Mon 24-Feb-14 22:49:42

Don't feel silly, it sounds very sensible to me

I bought a pram once when I had no idea if we were even going to ttc again, it was just such a good bargain grin it worked out great and we got loads of use out of it but if we hadn't had anymore we could have sold it on or kept it for the future grandchildren wink

Best of luck with your 2ww I hope you get to use your lovely new cot soon smile

kurama Fri 14-Mar-14 18:24:30

lol not silly at all. ive bought a 3 in 1 travel system and moses basket from dhs babymad aunt who says I should be pregnant by now and dh is doing it wrong ...... a very cute changing mat and bath towel and 2 bags worth of diff sized clothing... (all second hand) dh doesnt know about all the clothes but it keeps me happy everytime I get af....blush

ZoBo1234 Sat 15-Mar-14 09:07:03

Don't feel silly hun!! I knew that this next pregnancy we would need a new travel system, I saw an amazing offer so I bought one! Bargain I couldn't miss. I know I will need it sooner or later smile

Pearlmum1 Wed 19-Mar-14 10:16:12

I love this, it makes me laugh and it makes me realise I can do this myself!! I often look at prams (even roadtest around mothercare), design nurseries in my head and make plans of what im going to buy. Whatever to it..if it makes you happy and you feel closer to it happenning then why not? I wouldnt tell a lot of people because they pretend to be sensible etc and will make you feel bad about it and you do not need that. You are allowed to be excited about your future x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now