Talk

Advanced search

Ttc and hen do coming up!

(7 Posts)
babybabybabyoh Mon 24-Feb-14 18:45:43

Hiya, I'm new to the boards after a lurking a while. I'm looking for a little bit of advice if you wouldn't mind...

We decided that this would be the year that we start ttc, however, with two weddings overseas to attend (and booked) we decided it wouldn't be wise to try before March as if I did get pregnant I wouldn't be able to fly to the later one if in late stages of pregnancy or just had a baby. Also we figured that if we were lucky enough to conceive straight away, I would be in first trimester for attending first if we waited till March.

So, I'm due to ovulate around the 7th and I'm very excited as it seems like it's been ages waiting till we could try. However, my good friend's hen do is on the 15th which would be a week after and now I really don't know what to do. I don't fancy going on a hen do without drinking but realise it is at a rubbish time with 2ww. I've contemplated putting it off another month but feel like we're totally putting our life on hold for other people. Hen do is booked, paid for etc and my friend has already said that she was glad another friend isn't coming as she is pregnant and would be boring not drinking. Also if not drinking id have to share room with someone who has. It's also too early to test and know either way.

Sorry I know it's a bit long winded but any advice would be great, esp if anyone has a similar experience. Thanks

toots123 Mon 24-Feb-14 18:52:07

Hi

I wouldn't stop drinking or eating the things you enjoy until its confirmed that your pregnant.
It can take a while to conceive so if you stop drinking etc too soon it would feel like your pg for years!

pussycatdoll Mon 24-Feb-14 18:54:14

You can't plan your life around other people's weddings!

MrsDonnaLyman Mon 24-Feb-14 19:00:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babybabybabyoh Mon 24-Feb-14 19:06:15

Thanks for the advice! I was going to drink but then started to think maybe It was a bit reckless :/ Won't be drinking excessively anyway as I just can't handle it anymore!!! totally new to this so thanks for grounding me smile

m33r Mon 24-Feb-14 19:13:52

Hi baby. I thought about that too and had hens, birthdays, weddings etc. I decided that I would drink. I am 15 months in and I am not pregnant. Live your life. Have fun. Hopefully you'll conceive super soon but if not ... Good luck!

babybabybabyoh Mon 24-Feb-14 19:43:41

Cheers m33r, fingers crossed for some exciting news for you very soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now