Talk

Advanced search

A few questions about acupuncture

(4 Posts)
squarecircle Sat 22-Feb-14 22:38:53

Hello everyone
I have had three miscarriages in the last year and i have recently started acupuncture as have heard good things about it improving egg health (which i think is probably a large part of why i've been miscarrying - I'm 40). (I am also going for tests in March).

How does acupuncture actually work? Does it actually work? Any hopeful stories out there for me to cling on to?

I've had 3 sessions so far -the acupuncturist has stuck needles in my ankles, my tummy, and my forehead. Is this similar what other folk have experienced?

I'll keep going with it whatever, as i feel i have to do everything to improve my chances of keeping a pregnancy, even if it seems ridiculously expensive to pay for lying on a couch for half an hour.
Thank you in advance.

cookielove Sun 23-Feb-14 09:31:46

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages, I know how hard it is to go through.

I know someone who was infertile who started acupuncture during ivf, she is 100% that is how she got pregnant and stayed pregnant!

Good luck!

DevonLoch Sun 23-Feb-14 10:14:41

Acupuncture wouldn't be able to improve egg health but it could improve and strengthen the whole ovulation process, the corpeus luteum and luteal phase. It is good for balancing. I find it very relaxing and therapeutic if the acupuncturist is good to talk to. For some though it just won't do anything whereas for others it works wonders.
Best of luck. Sorry about the tough time, I hope you also getting recurrent miscarriage tests done alongside.

angelgabe Sun 23-Feb-14 18:59:57

I would definitely recommend. I got pregnant within 3 months of starting it after a year or trying. I'm 40 too. Unfortunately I had a mc. Then started Chinese herbs alongside acupuncture and fell pregnant again 2 cycles after mc. Stopped herbs with pregnancy. Unfortunately i've just had another mc. Still going to continue with acupuncture though as i've learnt so much about my body and cycles as my acupuncturist is brilliant. I also ended up with more CM than i've ever had and a thicker endometrial lining than when i started. All good things.
I started going as I just wanted to know that I was doing something rather than nothing while waiting for a BFP. Hopefully next time i'll go to term.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now